Chapter 9

It's been a few days now, we were slowly picking up things, cleaning the prison. The inside and outside, moving cars, burning bodies.
It's what needed to be done.

"Okay, let's get the other car in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard." Rick said.

I'm not sure what happened on Rick and Lori's talk, I do know though that Carl did end up talking. But what was said and how it was handled, I have no clue.

It wasn't my business, I have no need or right to know what happened. I can only hope that it was solved and that things are okay.

"Good with our vehicles camped out there makes it seem like a big vacancy sign." Daryl said.

"After that we'll round up the rest of corpses and burn em." Rick said

"It's gonna be a long day." Tdog said.

"Where's Glen and Maggie we can use the extra help." Carol asked.

"Last I saw they were in that guard tower." I say

"Guard tower, weren't they up there last night?" Rick asked.

Daryl called for them and Glen came out shirtless fixing his pants.

We all couldn't help giving a knowing look.

And it all came out when Daryl asked if they were 'coming.'
The double meaning was just too much and I was laughing my immature ass off.

But it all ended when Tdog called Rick. Gaining everyone's attention.

"Hey Rick."

We all looked and saw the two remaining prisoners.

"Thats close enough." Rick said.
"We had an agreement."

"Please, mister we know that. We made a deal. But you gotta understand...we can't live in that place for another minute. You follow me? All the bodies--people we knew. Blood, brain, there's ghosts." Axel said.

"Why don't you move the bodies out?" Daryl said.

"You should be burning em." I say.

"We tried. We did." Axel said.

"The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Everytime we drag a body out, those things just line up. Just dropping a body and run back inside." He said.

"Look we had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew, you wanted to make a point, you made it bro. We'll do anything to be apart of your group." Axel said.

"Our deal is non-negotiable, you either live in your cell block, or leave." Rick said.

"See I told you it's pointless, these guys are no different then the pricks who shot up our boys." The tall one said.

"Do you know how many of our friends bodies we had to drag out this week? These were good guys, who had our backs, and protected us from guys like Tomas and Andrew. Good guys. I would rather go out there, then go back to that shit hole." He said.

Rick looked to us, Daryl shook his head no subtly, he looked to me.

'I don't know, there in jail man, for what though? He said for drugs but...you don't know.'
I shook my head as well. Can't take that risk.
We got kids, a girl and a boy, women. You never know.

Rick nodded and took them to the gate that leds to go outside of the prison.

But then Tdog spoke up, saying how he wants them to stay, to join them.

"You want them living in a cell next to you?" Rick asked baffled.

"They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons. You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?" Rick asked.