Chapter 23

(Talk about suicide.
Ps. None of this is accurate to actual people. This is a  fictional story. Though this doesn't mean that this stuff doesn't happen  what so ever.
Warning you right now.
You can comment if you want but I'm not trying to make it accurate.
Or not to make fun or anything but because this is fictional)

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️

THIRD POV

"How is he?" Maggie asked Pete.

"He's alright. The infection was worrisome but I'd say you just got here just in time. Any longer and he'd been a goner." Pete, the doctor said.

"I would recommend that he doesn't move or do anything for quite some time. Let it heal, and even then I would limit his movements, you said it was reopened how many times?"

"4 I believe that's what Rick said anyway." Maggie said looking worriedly to Cowboy.
He was asleep on the hospital bed

"Hmm then I would really recommend that he doesn't do anything strenuous." Pete said.

"And the hallucination?" Maggie asked.

"A combination of malnutrition, and dehydration, plus with the pain caused by the infection-it can cause some hallucinations." Pete said writing something down.

"But he's gonna be fine."

"Yes he will, you have nothing to worry about." He said giving a smile and holding her shoulder a bit to long for her liking.
But she smiled politely and walked to where her friend was.

She sat on the chair, and sighed sadly.

Maggie looked to Cowboy, he looks a lot better, he's not as pale as he was before. His side wasn't as red, or pus filled, it was rebandaged and cleaned up.

Cowboy opened his eyes slowly, he looked around to see similar machinery, and hospital beds.

"Don't tell me I'm back at the hospital." Cowboy says loudly.

"No your at the infirmary in Alexandria." Maggie says smiling to him.

"Where are they?" Cowboy asked.

"Hmm?"

"Nathaniel? Jack? Ria? Oh Nathaniel he's probably worried, are they alright?" Cowboy asked.

Maggie looked to him a solemn look on her face.

"Whats wrong?" Cowboy asked.

"Cowboy, they weren't...they weren't there sweetheart. I'm sorry-"

"I saw them I-I held them?"

"Cowboy you were hallucinating-"

"No...no they were...they were there..I saw them. They were playing in the-I saw-." Cowboy gripped his hair tears streaming down his face.

"I saw them, I saw them!"

Maggie sat there, she held his hand softly rubbing the back of it.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." She kept repeating.

Maggie glanced to him, seeing him staring at his wrist, softly holding it, tracing the butterfly tattoo.

"I'm gonna get you some water okay?" She says.

Cowboy doesn't say anything.
He doesn't show that he even heard her, he didn't.
Not really, just some strange, vague sounds.

She gets up and leaves the infirmary,

When Maggie made it back to the house, she can see that the others were back from there interviews.
Rick was on the porch with Daryl and Carl, holding Jude.