Chapter 2

I sat on the bed, it's been 2 days so far, and I couldn't even describe how badly I wanted to move around.
It's safe to say I'm not much for laying around and doing nothing.
After all I used to work on a farm myself. I was used to getting up early, maybe go for a ride. Work on the farm, from gardening, or feeding and taking care of the animals.

So the fact that I'm bed ridden for 3 weeks, maybe more, hopfully less...it really bothers me.

I sit up on the bed,

'I could just leave, I can't overstay my welcome, especially if I'm not doing anything. Or helping in any way.' I thought.

I sat up and overlooked the edge, temping to stand up.

I took a deep breath grabbing my hat and setting it on my head. I put pressure on the foot immediately feeling the pain after not being on it for two days.

I limped to the door, nearly thinking of going back to the bed.

But I couldn't, my pride if anything was what's keeping me.

I got outside, and slowly, very slowly walked to the barn immediately seeing my friend.

He nayed loudly seeing me.

"Hey boy, missed me? I missed ya." I say petting him.

"Hey thought I saw your hat." Maggie said coming into the barn.

"Uh yeah jus me." I say smiling kindly to her, tipping my hat

"Did my dad allow you to walk?" Maggie asked.

"Yep, said I could." I say.

"I don't remember saying that." Hershel said walking in and immediately grabbing a brush.

"I sure did." I say turning to Charter.

"You and I both know that I said not to walk on it for 3 weeks." Hershel said.

"I'm sorry but I really don't think I can overstay my welcome here." I say trying to explain my reasoning.

"Your not overstaying your welcome, that I can assure you." Hershel said brushing your horse.

I stay silent shifting on my foot, feeling the pain.

"Come on now let's get you to bed." Maggie said going to his side.

I petted Charter once more and limped my way to the house.

"Why do you want to leave so badly?" Maggie asked.

I stayed silent, I was about to respond when I heard a commotion.
There was a group of people, by some trees, tents, and a RV.

He sees the guy from eariler, Glen.
But there was a lot more people that he obviously didn't know.

"Oh there just a group that are staying here for...a bit." Maggie said hesitantly.

"Oh you helped them too, that's awfully kind of you guys." I say.

"Yeah well, uh we sort of shot their boy accidentally of course." Maggie said.

Maggie helped me on the bed.

"Ma'am I'm not broken." I said.

"And I'm not old enough, or formal enough to be called ma'am." Maggie said smiling kindly.

"Jus trying to be nice." I say.

"No need, just stay off that foot. And I'll bring you something to eat."  Maggie said.

I nodded and thanked her, I took off my hat, setting it beside me on the bed. I stared at the ceiling, thinking, not much else I could do.

The door opened and I looked to see Glen was the one who opened it.