Chapter 7

COWBOY POV (7-17)

Nine months, Nine months. We've been on the road, hopping from place to place.
Not staying more then a day maybe two if we're lucky

I sat on the floor leaning against the wall, eyes closed. It's been a bit now since we've all eaten, it's kind of hard when your constantly moving around.

My eyes flew open when I hear a can get thrown to the wall.

Rick was the culprit, and the can, by the looks of it, was canned dog food.

"Psst." Tdog said.

There was a small group of walkers coming their way. They all gathered their stuff, and headed down the road.

They pulled over and tried to figure out where they should go, it was rather hard to say.

They took a small break, Rick and Daryl went hunting, while Tdog and some went to get creek water.

I went to my bag and pulled out a nature bar.

"Carl. Here." I say handing him the other half of the bar.

He looks at it and immediately his stomach growls.

"Eat it." I say.

"But mom-"

"Don't worry about her puppy. I'm gonna give her the other half." I say.

Carl nods and eats it.

I walk over to Lori and hold out the bar.

She looks at it and I can tell she wants it.

"Take it I gave the other half to Carl."

"I can't take your food." She says.

"You aint taking it, I'm giving it, two different concepts." I say.

She scoffs and takes the bar eating it.

Rick and Daryl soon come back with news about a potential place to stay in.

A prison, a fenced in area with a big building.

"It's perfect, if we shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard. We can have the field by sundown." Rick said

"How do we shut the gate?" I asked.

"I'll do it, you guys cover me." Glen said.

"No it's a suicide run." Maggie said.

"I'm the fastest?" Glen said.

"No, you and Maggie draw as many as you can over there, pip em threw the fence." Rick said pointing to the other side of the field.

"Daryl go back to the other tower, Carol you go with him you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to spare. Cowboy you go to the other tower, I've seen your aim."

"On it Sheriff." I say tipping my hat. And heading to the tower.

I made it to the the tower and covered Rick as I saw fit.
As soon as he was in the tower, that's when we all started firing into the yard.

When we were done we all ran in the field, it felt good, I felt good.

I just laid on the grass looking up to stary sky, this place is their's now. That feels good, it may need some fixing but that's nothing.

I heard them all talking, but it sounded so muffled, I was just, well I was just to out of it I suppose.

I heard Beth, start singing. A soft tune, Maggie joins soon during the course of it.