Chapter 11

It wasn't what I thought it was gonna be, that's for sure.
I knew it wasn't gonna be easy, if I thought that then it would be a huge problem on their part.

But this, this man, he's not human, he's a monster the worst kind.

Making the Dixon brothers fight each other.

Assaulting Maggie.

But the people, they were cheering this whole thing on, like it was some sick show for their amusement.

This mission, it just showed, what kind of people were out there, that's all this showed.

What kind of world this is now, what kind of people this world had created.

I sat in the passenger seat, thinking of all that happened.

Daryl had left them to be with his brother. They didn't want to bring him, Merle to the prison, guess stuff happend before he obviously joined them.

"You okay?" Rick asked.

I stared out the window not sure who he's talking to. But I can only assume that he was talking to Glen or even Maggie.

"Cowboy?"

"Hmm?" I hummed looking to him.

"I asked if your okay?" He said.

I stayed quiet.

"Yeah..." I lied.

"You said you didn't like bullshit answers. Neither do I." Rick said.

I stayed quiet, watching the trees blur past.

"What do you want me to say?" I ask.

"The truth. Are you okay?"

"No...no I don't feel okay. We lost a man, we lost two men. There are people out there who are more monstrous then the googlies we see everyday." I say.

I looked to him.

"But I gotta be fine right? I gotta be fine for what's to come next right?" I asked.

Rick glances at me, before he looks back to the road.

"No, you gotta be okay because you are. Not because you have to be." Rick says.

"I don't think I will be okay. Not for a bit at least. This is, this is crazy, the world, everything." I say.

"An that's alright."

"What about you? Are you okay?"

"No I'm not." Rick said glancing at me.
"Not for a bit, not even for a while, probably." Rick said.

I nodded understanding why.

"I never got to thank you, for looking after Carl...and Jude." Rick said.

"Jude? Carl named him?" I asked.

"Yeah. He told me his name before we left." Rick said.

"Your welcome. It, it wasn't hard. Your going through a lot, no one blames ya, I don't. I never will." I say.

Rick nods and soon we make it back to the prison.

Rick got dropped off by the gate next to Carl and Carol.

I drive the car to the courtyard, where they all hugged each other glad to be back together.

I went inside, and hugged Carl tightly.

"Hey puppy." I say.

Carl hugs me tighter.

"Hi Cowboy." He says.