Chapter 7.

y/n pov

As I walked in the forest, I could barely see anything. I stumbled on a body, there were several bodies laying on the dirt, scattered around like easter eggs. I felt dizzy so I sat down, leaning on a tree. "Oh hey, what did The Joker get to your heart or something?" I asked the dead corpse next to me. I laughed at myself. Look at me, alone with my thoughts, crying over a literal clown. Funny how I ended up here. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, until I shut my eyes.

****

I woke up. It was dark and cold. It was just a stone wall and floor. It felt like a cave. A cave? "Shit." I said, throwing my head back to see a muscular dark figure behind me. "Who the hell are you?" I asked. The dark figure got closer to me, if I'm honest he was a hunk. "I'm vengeance." The figure said. I broke out, laughing. Tears of laughter running down my face. "Okay 'vengeance'." I said. Seriously, who is this guy? "You think this is funny? Of course you do, you're with the clown himself."
The deep voice said, turning my face close to him. "Joker killed my girl, my love, so I'm simply returning the favor." It was Batman. That son of a bitch. "Jokes on you, I'm not even his girl." I said, putting my face near his. "He sure seems to love you, weird how that narcissistic maniac can feel love for anyone." He said, grabbing my neck. My face was getting red from the cut of air. He let go and punched me. "So much for a hero, no?" I said laughing. "Shutup, do you know who you're living with, I'm practically doing you a favor." He said. "Yeah, yeah and you're probably going to say 'and don't say I don't know him like you do' because actually I do, and he would never hurt me." I said. "But didn't he already with that brunette?" Batman said, walking away. He was right, J did hurt me. I'm better off here, maybe me and Batsy can get along the way. I laughed hysterically. "Well aren't you perfect for me?" A voice said, it laughed hysterically. It was Joker. "J?" I said, squinting my eyes. "Yes, it is me, you're a slippery one aren't you?" J said, lifting my face. "What do you want?" I said, tossing my head out of his hand. "Yeah, I got some explaining to do. So, I had a deal with Cora, I was going to use her to capture Batman, but there was never any love for her, only you y/n." J said. He looked sincere. He untied me. "Let's get out of here before Bats comes back." J said, picking me up and running away. "Oh and she's dead by the way." J said. I laughed and he laughed with me. I was going insane like him. Maybe I'll let this pass, just this time.