Chapter 9.

We ate and I went upstairs to get ready. I saw the beautiful dress and accessories. Can't believe J has good taste in fashion. I did my makeup and hair. I strapped on my heels and jewelry. I walked down the golden, crisp stairs. I saw J waiting for me at the end of the railing, he was in a silk, purple suit. He had his hair slicked back, he looked sharp. I don't think he ever looked so handsome till now. "Shall we go?" J said, reaching out his hand. "Let's go." I said. He took my hand and led me to his car. He opened the door for me. "What a gentleman." I said. "Only for the best." He said. He got in the car and drove off with no care of his speed. I looked out the window as I saw Gotham City's lights passing by. We went for a little tour around gotham. He took me shopping until it was dark out. We arrived at Ace Chemicals. "J? Why are we here?" I said, getting out of the car. He didn't respond, he just led me to the highest level. "Well, what do you think?" J said, twirling me around. "I'm not jumping if that's what you're thinking." I said, backing up. "You wouldn't die for me? No. You wouldn't live for me?" J said, caressing my face. I look down at the vat of chemicals. The chemical bubbling up, calling me to jump in. "No, I don't need to prove to you that I love you by destroying myself." I said. "But we'll both be insane dear!" J said, cupping my face with his hands. "Jack, the insane with the insane doesn't work out. Just like the broken doesn't work out with the broken." I said. "I love you enough to be sane and take care of you, to live with you." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled him in closer, "I love you J and plus I might be a little bit f*cked already." I said, laying a gentle kiss on his lips. He didn't seem upset. He seemed like he finally had some sense in his head. "Well I suppose you do have a point. I mean look what happened to me and Harley!" He said, throwing his hands in the air. "Exactly, and I want to be with you for the long run." I said. "Well let's go have some dinner." J said, hugging my waist.

We had dinner together and drove off after. "Hey J, do you mind taking me to my friend's house?" I said. "Why?" He asked. "I haven't seen her in a while, plus I want to mention you to her." I said. "Is it Monica? She never really liked me." Jack said, he gripped onto the wheel even more. "Oh please, how do you know?" I said. "She told you to get away from me before I 'killed' you." J said. "She didn't mean that baby, plus that was in high school, we're past that." I said. I rubbed his hair down, trying to calm him down. "Does she know what I've become? Does she know I'm the notorious Joker?" J said. "I mean, who knows, but I'll defend you all the way from that scary 5 feet woman." I said teasingly. He gruffed and made a turn. We arrived at Monica's house. "Hey Mon, I'm here." I said, into the phone. I saw her open the door. "Alright, I love you and don't worry, I'll call you if anything." I said, leaving a kiss on J's face. "I love you too." J said, kissing my lips, passionately, he acted like he was never going to see me again. I reached her door and gave her a hug. "Oh my god it's been so long!" I said. "I know! And who drove you here in that hot purple Lambo?" Monica said. "Oh yeah, that's my boyfriend." I said. "What! Boyfriend! Since when?" She said, pulling me into the house. "Just now,"I said, plopping myself down on the couch. "Omg, who? Let me see!" She said, sitting next to me. "Funny story, Jack, Jack Napier." I said, laughing nervously. Her face was blank. She got up. "Jack? As in that weirdo you were friends with! I thought you got rid of him!" She yelled. "He's not a weirdo, and we met up again." I said. Why would she even say that, does she really think she has the balls to say that. "You'd be surprised who he is now." I scoffed. "He's literally going to murder you." She said, grabbing my hands. "No he's not, in fact I feel safe with him by me." I said. Her face was just in disbelief. "Well, I wish you luck." She said, "So what's going on with you?" I asked. "Definitely boring compared to you." She said, We catched up and then J came to pick me up. "Let me go say hi to him." Monica said. "Please don't be a bitch." I said. "I'll try." She said, she smirked and pulled me to the car. She knocked on the window. I signaled J to put down the window. "Well hello." J said, flashing his grills. "Hi Jack,,,wait, Joker!" Monica yelled. "Shhh! Shut up!." I said, covering her mouth. "Do not say anything ok, not even my mom." I said. "She doesn't even know?" She asked."No so shut that big mouth of yours." J said. "I have to go now." I said. "Bye, call me if anything happens." She whispered. I got in the car and drove back home.