Prologue

It was another night, another terrible nightmare. Natasha sat on the edge of her bed with her head in her knees and tears streaming down her cheek's. This happens every night it's nothing new for the red head but Natasha knew if her parent's heard the sounds of her cry's they would do horrible things to her when she awoke in the morning. So Natasha cried silently just letting the tears fall down her now tear stained cheeks. Natasha would cry herself to sleep most nights. The thought that tomorrow was just another day where she wouldn't matter stuck in her head.

Natasha sat on her bed for a little while longer until the sound of her alarm clock going off snapped her back into reality. Getting out of her bed Natasha walked over to her closet picking out an outfit. Settling on a graphic tee, a pair of ripped jeans and a pair of converse she got ready for school. Natasha sighed to herself as she looked at her reflection through the mirror. She was always self-conscious about her appearance, the red hair, the curvy body. Sometimes Natasha just wanted to throw on a gigantic tee shirt and sweatpants and call it a day but she knew her mother wouldn't allow her only daughter to be seen in something so 'unjust' in her words.

----

As Natasha walked downstairs her mother walked up to her with a look of disgust on her face."For God sakes, Natalia, fix your hair" she said sternly

"Yes mother" Natasha replied before she quickly went back upstairs to brush out her long red curls throwing it up into a bun

Once she was done Natasha went back down stairs to the kitchen and grabbed a pop-tart from a drawer. Just as she was about to take a bite of the sweet toasted pastry it got smacked out of her hands.

"You don't need that. You need to lose some weight if you're ever gonna marry" Melina stated sternly

Natasha nodded before she went over to the fruit basket and grabbed an apple from it.

"Good girl" she said before walking away

Natasha could feel a single tear drop run down her cheek she quickly whipped it away however. She knew better than to show her emotions at home especially in front of her father.

Just as Natasha was about to take a bite out of the apple a strong hand grab her shoulder. Natasha gulped already knowing who it was. When she turned around she was greeted by the taunting green eyes of her father who looked her dead in the eye with a look of indifference on his face.

Sometimes Natasha wondered how her mother and father stayed married for so many years. The only time the couple ever showed any affection to one another was when they were in public together.

"Good morning father" Natasha greeted with a friendly smile on her face

Alexi rolled his eyes at his daughter "don't forget you have ballet class after school. I got you a new pair of pointe shoes so now you have nothing to complain about" he stated

Natasha nodded "thank you" she said kindly with the friendly smile still on her lips as she walked over to one of the chairs in the dinning room and grabbed her backpack heading for the kitchen doorway

"Oh, and Natalia" he called

Natasha looked at her father from over her shoulder "yes?"

"The only time we're allowed to show our emotions is" he paused

"When we're in public" she replied finishing his sentence

Alexi smiled

----

As Natasha walked out of the house she took a deep breath filling her lungs with the fresh morning air. A smile appeared on her rose petal red lips but it quickly faded when she remembered that she's leaving one hell to go to another. Those thoughts were quickly pulled away though when Natasha saw a black SUV pull into her driveway. Natasha wasn't excited to see the SUV however she was excited to see the driver inside.