Part 35

It was the week of the Miss Universe pageant. Natasha was more stressed than ever and Steve took notice of this. He wasn't oblivious to how Natasha would check her suitcase every three minutes, making sure she had everything. Or the way she would bite her fingernails nervously.

Steve walked out of the bathroom, a towel in his hands as he dried his hair. He looked over at Natasha who sat on their bed, she stared at the wall blankly as she bite her fingernails.

Steve never truly realized how difficult this pageant would be for her. Sure he had been there for all the fittings and try on's, but nothing would've prepared him for this week.

Steve walked over to the bed setting his towel down on the mattress as he took a seat next to his wife. He placed a gentle hand on her knee cap gaining Natasha's attention.

Natasha looked over at Steve, her eyebrows furrowed as she continued to nibble on her fingernails. Steve smiled lightly taking her hand in his and moving it away from her mouth.

"You shouldn't bite your nails, sweetheart. You just got them done." He told her gently

Natasha heaved a deep sigh "I-I'm sorry. I just get nervous the week before a pageant." She looked down at her lap where her other hand laid "all those eyes on me. Examining me. Looking for flaws and just waiting for me to mess up." Tears brimmed her emerald green eyes as she closed them tightly and shook her head "it's intimidating." She admitted

Steve gave her a small reassuring smile as he slung a arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side. He placed a gentle kiss to her temple "nothing to be intimidated about. You're going to do great out there, and you're going to win."

Natasha smiled "thank you. I needed to hear that." She told him

"It's the truth." He told her

Natasha looked over at her husband pecking his lips softly. Her hands traveled up to his face, cupping it in her hands to deepen the kiss. One kiss from him was all the reassurance she needed.

"I love you." She murmured as they parted

"I love you too." He smiled pecking the tip of her nose

Natasha smiled and grabbing the towel off the bed she began to dry Steve's hair. A small gesture that became a habit for the young couple, and a good one.

Steve loved it when her delicate fingers comed through his hair and she dried it. He especially loved it when she placed a kiss right behind his ear when she was done.

"I already called the pilot, our flight is for the day before the pageant at nine a.m." he told her after a moment, melting into her touch

Natasha smiled wrapping her arms around his neck from behind and placing a gentle kiss to his cheek. "Thank you." She murmured

He smiled "anything for my best girl."

Natasha blushed madly and buried her face in the crook of his neck, hoping that he wouldn't see it. But of course he did and he cupped her chin in his hand lifting her face to where they were looking each other in the eyes. Leaning forward he pressed a kiss to her lips that she happily reciprocated.

Natasha bit her lower lip as they parted and she looked at her husband, who was still half naked before her. All he wore was a simple pair of sweatpants.

"See something you like?" He asked with a smirk

Natasha looked back at him with a teasing smirk and quickly lifted her shirt, exposing her bare breast. She slowly pulled the shirt back down and shrugged as Steve eyes stayed glued to her chest.