Part 21

The sun shone brightly through the cream colored curtains as the birds outside chirped their songs happily, signaling the arrival of a new day.

Natasha stirred awake, opening her eyes slowly as the sun's rays beamed in her eyes. Stretching her arm out a frown crossed her lips as she realized that Steve was no longer in bed beside her.

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows as she sat up in the bed and looked at the now empty spot beside her. Just as she was about to get out of bed the bathroom door squeaked opened gaining the blondes attention.

Steve walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and another in his hands, drying off his hair. Natasha bit her bottom lip as she watched her husband, his muscles flexing as he dried off his hair with the towel.

Steve smiled at his wife before taking a seat at the edge of the bed. Natasha scooted towards the blond and took the towel out of his hands. Steve furrowed his eyebrows in question but it was soon answered when she began to run the towel through his still damp hair.

"So, what's on the itinerary for today?" Natasha asked after a moment, her eyes focused on the towel in her hands

Steve shrugged "haven't been downstairs to ask." He replied and Natasha nodded "you know I can do it by myself." He said after a moment 

"I know but I had nothing else to do." She replied

"thank you." He said as Natasha finished drying his hair and handed him the towel

Natasha smiled

Steve looked up at Natasha their eyes meeting. Natasha felt like she was about to drown in the ocean of his eyes while Steve got lost in the forest of hers. Their faces inched closer, their lips only mere inches away from one another, they could feel each other's breath on their faces.

Clearing her throat Natasha said "I'm going to go take a shower, I'll be down for breakfast in a moment."

Getting up from the bed Natasha walked over to her suitcase and took out a pair of black leggings, a crop top and converse. With her clothes in tow she walked into the bathroom to get changed.

Steve sighed in disappointment as he got up from the bed and walked over to his suitcase taking out a pair of black joggers and a white tee shirt along with a pair of converse, similar to the ones Natasha owned.

----

Walking down to the kitchen a smile crossed Steve's lips as he was greeted by the familiar sight of his mother cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

"You know, I could've helped you with that." He said as he walked into the kitchen and took a mug out of the cupboard across from his mother

Sarah glanced over at her son before continuing to make the pancakes "I didn't want to bother you." She excused "does Natasha like pancakes?" She asked as she flipped a pancake and sat it on a plate

Steve smiled a little as he remembered their honeymoon, pancakes were practically the only thing he could get Natasha to eat, that and omelets. Natasha had complimented him numerous times, saying they were the best pancakes she'd ever had.

"How should he know?" Tony asked before Steve could answer

Sarah gave the brunette a pointed look before looking over at Steve with raised eyebrows.

"She loves them." He replied as he walked over to the coffee machine and made himself a cup of coffee

Sarah smiled "Good, because I made plenty."

"Good morning." Natasha smiled as she walked into the kitchen and walked over to the fridge taking out a bottle of water

"Good morning dear, how did you sleep?" Sarah asked