Part 26

Later that day Steve and Natasha got in the car and headed towards a secret location. Natasha had begged Steve to tell her where they were going but he simply dismissed it saying that it was a surprise.

"Your seriously aren't going to tell me where we're going?" She questioned after a while, her arm leaned against the window and her face turned towards the man she had grown to adore

Steve smirked as he shook his head "sorry." He said simply, his eyes not leaving the road in front of him

Natasha let out a small huff as she looked back at the road watching as they passed by trees and small animals.

A little while later Steve pulled on to an abandoned road and Natasha raised a eyebrow in question.

"What are we doing here?" She asked and Steve simply smirked as he parked the car

Getting out of the driver's seat Steve walked over to the passenger side and opened the door. Natasha slid her hand into his and together the pair walked over to a small lake near by.

Natasha looked around taking in the beautiful scenery that surrounded her. Flowers bloomed all around her, birds chirped happily and the sun hit the water making the beautiful blue glisten.

"Fancy a picnic?" Steve asked with a smile as he held up a picnic basket

Natasha cocked a eyebrow as she looked at the basket, she hadn't seen him lugging it around earlier.

"Where did you get the basket?" She questioned

Steve smirked "what you didn't see me put it in the car?"

Natasha rolled her eyes playfully as Steve pulled out a blanket and laid it down on the ground setting the basket on top of it.

The pair took a seat on the blanket, sitting across from one another. Steve took out two peanut butter sandwiches handing one to the blonde. Natasha smiled happily as she took the sandwich and unwrapped it.

"So, is this a date?" She asked after a moment her lips tugging up into a teasing smirk

Steve smiled "it is if you want it to be."

Natasha smiled as she took a bite of her sandwich.

The pair continued to enjoy their meal sharing small talk as they ate.

Steve smiled as Natasha told stories of her and Clint, how he told her she was going to be an aunt and how it was the best day of her life.

"What about our wedding day?" He challenged with a smirk

Natasha rolled her eyes "we didn't really know each other then so I don't really know if I could call that the best day of my life."

Steve smiled sadly as he nodded in understanding "yeah." He said lowly

"Speaking of Cooper-" she started as she bit her bottom lip nervously "I, um, hope you don't mind but I told Clint that I would watch him next week. Clint's taking Laura to France for their one year and he couldn't find a sitter."

Steve smiled "I don't mind." He assured as he laid down on the blanket resting his head on her lap "besides I think it would be good for us to watch Cooper, get some practice in for when we decide to have kids." He added

Natasha let out a small chuckle as her fingers racked through his short blond hair "well would you look at that, optimism." She joked causing her husband to roll his eyes playfully

----

The pair spent all day together, talking and just enjoying each other's company. At one point they decided to go for a swim and jumped into the near by lake.