A Call Home

"And that is how the Mesopotamians helped shape our world today!" Mrs. Vanderbilt announced, I had shut my eyes and rest my head on my hand. Could she talk any slower? I thought, I was beginning to doze off when I felt my head slip out of my hand. I soon felt my head meet with the desk my elbows rested on as my head slipped out of my hand and hit the table. A loud thud was released from the back of the class. I quickly got up. "HAHAHAHA!" Kids pointed laughing and whispering. I looked around the class in a panic looking behind me to see Georg and Gustav trying to hold in a laughter but still feeling sorry.

"MS. L/N! I CANNOT BELIEVE SUCH INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR I AM SEEING TODAY, ESPICALLY WHEN WE HAVE 2 NEW STUDENTS THAT ARRIVED TODAY!" I quickly looked to my right and left seeing the two similar faces of the twin boys, Tom looked like he wanted to laugh so bad. Bill did too, yet he also looked concerned for me. "Stay after class, we will be calling home." Mrs.Vanderbilt growled, "But-" "NO buts." She said, as she stuck her skinny long fingers together forming a hand as she looked to the side.

I sunk into my chair feeling my ears and cheeks heat up. Great one Y/N! Way to go on making a great impression of yourself to the new kids. "Now class, I just wanted to warn you we're having a test next week on all we've covered these past 3 weeks. So if you wanna make sure you nail the test I would recommend going over the pages we've discussed today." Mrs.Vanderbilt uttered, Groans and sighs were escaping from students mouths. The bell rang, students began to pack up their belongings and talk to one another.

I began to pack up my belongings in a hurry. Maybe if she doesn't see me I can make a run for it! Yeah that's what I'll do. As I made a run for it keeping my eyes on Mrs.Vanderbilt talking to another student I collided with someone's backpack pushing me to the ground. The figure turned to look down at me. I was met with a dirty haired blonde, "You're so Busted, Y/N" Gustav said, pulling me up. "Ms.L/N may I have a word?" I heard a grainy voice request, "Ooooh busted!" Gustav taunted as Georg joined in, "Ooooohh!" They said, as they walked out snickering. What friends!
"Yes Mrs" I said defeated, "Y/N you've been acting up quite a bit! You aren't normally like this.

Is everything all right at home?" Is everything all right at home? Of course it is! "No Mrs..." I looked at the ground, I'd look anywhere besides those blue hard eyes. "Then what seems to be the problem." I looked up as her eyes pierced through my skin. Did she want me to tell her that today marked five years since my parents divorced? I shrugged, not knowing why I was acting like this. I mean sure, I didn't really care that they got a divorce. Yet at the same time I did. It hurt me not being able to see my mother and father happy together. Maybe it wasn't the divorce. Maybe it was Georgs rebellious side rubbing off on me or Gustavs smart mouth side."Well You'll have to explain to your parents what the problem is."

She said, leading me to the phone handing it to me. I sighed as I began to dial in my mom's phone number hearing the phones muffled ringing. I was praying and begging in my head that she wouldn't pick up. It kept ringing and ringing, "No answer." I said, about to hang up the phone when I heard a, "Hello?" You've gotta be kidding me. "Hey Mom...It's me." "Y/N I'm in the middle of a meeting why are you calling me." I looked at Mrs.Vanderbilt staring at me waiting for me to answer my mom's question. "I'm in Mrs.Vanderbilt's classroom right now, I had to stay after class to call you because I've been disrupting the class and have not behaving."

I said slowly and sincerely, silence. "Mom?..." I heard a sigh escape the phone. "We'll talk at home." "Okay...Bye Mom" "Bye Y/N"
I hung up the phone. "Well sorry for the trouble Mrs.Vanderbilt I'll see you." I said, as I quickly grabbed the door knob next to me and made a run for it. She's for sure gonna kill me tomorrow. I quickly turned the corner to see Gustav and Georg standing at their lockers. "You're so dead! You know that?" Georg said, "Did she really call your parents?" Gustav questioned, "Yes and Yes."