"We're your friends....duh.."

That night was a night I could never forget. From the moment Bill and Tom had entered our class, to fighting with my mom, to sneaking out and hanging out at the lake with Georg and Gustav, and to my mom apologizing. Even though a big part of that was why I'll never forget that night. It wasn't. It was the dream I had. That night it took a moment to fall asleep. Usually when I get home I fall fast asleep. Maybe it was because of the thought of why Bill and Tom had moved schools, maybe my mind was curious and trying to come up with ideas and scenarios. I can't remember when I fell asleep that night but I do remember tossing and turning. It was a odd dream. Those dreams where when you're in them you can't tell if it's real or a dream. In my dream I was in a car. Not just any car, it appeard to be Georg's car. His red glossy Volkswagen with paint chipped off on the cars door handles. I was in the car sitting in the back seat, the middle seat to be exact.

There were two others sitting next to me, one on my left and the other on my right. We were in a tunnel. It was dark. Someone was driving the car, I couldn't make out who because of how dark it was. There was someone next to the driver. I could see their silhouette but couldn't make out who they were. I could tell two others were next to me due to the fact that I was squished in the middle. They were unable to identify too. It was silent. I could hear their breathing. It was comforting yet frightening. Comforting to know that they were living, breathing, frightening not knowing who they were, what they were. The driver rolled down all four windows letting cold air in. It was cold and crisp. The air biting my cheeks. I felt a shiver crawl down my spine. I looked ahead to see that the driver was making his way out the tunnel a small sliver of light peeping at the end of the tunnel. The darkness in the car still overtaking the light. Hiding the figures.

"Who are you...?" I questioned, I didn't even think twice about what I had just said. 'Who are you?' It was what had been going on in my mind but I had meant to keep in my mind. I felt the two figures next to me turn I assumed towards me. The driver shifting in their seat while the other in the passenger seat shifted too I presumed to the backseat. "Who are we?.." a deep voice asked, the voice was the voice of a man. It came from the figure on my right. "Yes...." I replied, I was startled, were they all men? Who were they? "Must've been a long day today..." The driver said, a long day? What long day? There was no day to begin with. We were in a tunnel. "We're your friends....duh.." the voice in the passenger seat explained, my friends? We grew closer to the end of the tunnel. I would finally get to see who these men were. I hoped that the light would come through fast enough through the car so I could get a good look. We got towards the end of the tunnel. Light shinning through the windows and glass.

I grew anxious. The light blinded me making everything around me white. A white blur. That's how I remembered it. I quickly sat up in my bed sweat trickling down my face. I quickly wiped it off with the inside of my shirt. My friends?.. I laid back down. Adjusting my head into my pillow. I replayed the dream in my head a couple of times. I would need to write this down in the morning. I was in Georgs Car, I was in a tunnel, there were 4 mysterious figures, and one of them claimed that they were all my, "friends" I sighed closing my eyes. Feeling my heart race. I wondered. Why did the dream end like that. With be not being able to see the figures. By ending with a white blur. I wondered that same way I wondered about why Bill and Tom changed schools that day. I closed my eyes attempting to my calm myself. It eventually worked again and I feel asleep. If I were these figures friends who were they. I mean, it felt like I knew them. The one who told me "duh" that sounded familiar, that tone of sass. Maybe I was thinking about the dream too much.

I closed my eyes. I had school tomorrow I could come up with ideas and thoughts in mrs.vanderbilts class tomorrow when class got boring, (which it always did) but when things got too too boring. I saved my thoughts for the morning and breathed slowly my body sinking in and out of the mattress.