Durch Den Monsun

I spent the rest of Writing Class jotting down last minute ideas. The bell rang and I was off to my second period, PE. Don't get me wrong I don't hate PE it's not a bad class I just really hate the lockerroom. People are always throwing things, gossiping loud, shoving and pushing through the rows to get to their locker. I had row 4, my locker was 637 my code being 24-5-10 I was in the middle of two girls who had a top locker and bottom locker. I usually tried to head to PE fast to have time to start dressing and have more room but this time I didn't care too much. I got to PE making my way to my row and grabbing my PE clothes out of my bag dressing as I put my clothes in my locker. Tbe PE uniform was a white shirt with our schools name and black shorts or pants. I walked out of the locker room to see everyone walking around the field, it was what you did when you got out early you would just walk until the whistle blew to head to your class. I bent down to tie my shoe when I heard a familiar voice hovering over me, "Y/N?" I looked up to see a figure the sun blocking them. I put my hand over my eyes to get a better look, "Bill?" I got up fast, "Hey, I didn't know you had PE this period!" I smiled, "Neither did I until I went home yesterday to take a really good look at my schedule." He laughed, his teeth were perfect.

"Who's your teacher?" We began walking towards the field with the others, "Mr.Ackermann!" He replied, I stopped in my tracks as Bill noticed and stopped walking to look back. "Me Too!" I gushed, he smiled. "That's great!" "Hey, Bill?" I asked, "Mhm?" He looked at me, "Do you happen to have Mr.Müller?" "For English right?" "Yes, English." "Yup!" "Great! We have a project in English where we have to create a song,poem, story, or anything related to writing you can do it in pairs, groups, or by yourself." I began, "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to join my group?...I already have an idea on what we could do!" I explained,

Bill nodded with every word I said, he was patient and listened to every word which I appreciated. I hope I wasn't coming off to strong. "I'd love that! Thank you for inviting me into your group. What's your idea?" "Well my idea was on a song, a song about feeling overwhelmed and your emotions, feeling like a terrible storm, like a.." "Monsun." We both finished, we looked at one another for a moment in silence before laughing. "You came up with that idea, all by yourself?" He asked, "Yes." I nodded, "That's amazing." He grinned, "Deep, even." "Thank you." I blushed, not realizing I was smiling so much until I relaxed my face. "I just need help working on lyrics and more into the story of the song." "I would love to help you." "Really?" "Really." He smiled,

Second period had ended, we had played basketball and I introduced Bill to Mr. Ackermann. I waved goodbye to Bill as we went to the locker room. We had both decided we would tell the guys about our idea at lunch and all be a group. Third period went by slow in Math my eyes were literally burning, from either how bright the classroom was or all the nights that filled the whiteboard. I asked to use the bathroom and sat in a stall looking at my nails waiting for a couple minutes to pass so I could take a break.

I was so happy when fourth period came. It was all I had been looking forward to I walked in to see Mrs.Vanderbilt. My spine shook at the thought of her. I shook my head breathing in and out as I entered her class I sat down as my friends slowly came in one by one. "There you are." Georg nudged my shoulder, "Was worried you weren't coming." "Now I wish I wasnt." I whispered, pointing to Mrs.Vanderbilt grading papers.

Georg snickered as Gustav came in. "Heyy!" Gustav greeted, as he frizzled my hair sitting down. I slicked my hair back with my hands quickly. "Oh Y/N, how'd last night go?" Georg asked, Gustav nodding. "Oh...it went good." I nodded, thinking back to last night at my mother's red watery eyes as tears fell for me and only me. How we had really seen each other that night. And also how Gustav and Georg left me stranded in a tree. Georg smiled a small smile as Gustav patted my shoulder before shortly sauing. "I'm glad you made it out alive." "Oh shut up!" He laughed, Bill and Tom entered class. "Hey!" Tom and Bill greeted us, in union. "Hi!" "Hey" "What's Up?" We all greeted back, the twins sat down as Mrs.Vanderbilt began to teach. My least favorite part, I wish there was a skip button. That way I could skip over all her talking, oh wait then it would be lunch. I thought about that and zoned out, her words becoming background noise as my thoughts frolicked in my mind.

The rest of the period went by pretty quickly we all whispered here and there to one another since she talked the whole period not letting us get a word out. When she would turn around to write on the board we would quickly all turn to one another and start talking. As Mrs.Vanderbilt continued talking I remembered about the English Project! I need to ask Tom,Georg, and Gustav if they'd like to join Bill and I.

I grabbed a folding heart shaped pink mirror out of my backpack my aunt had given me on my 10th Birthday. I loved it. I opened it up tilting at angle on my side so that it hit Tom's face reflefting light. I glanced as I angled it seeing him quickly squint I removed the light quickly as he looked at me. I wrote down quickly on a piece of paper explaining the idea about the project. I wrote three Yes and no boxes assigned for each one of them Tom checked off his box and passed it to Georg and then Georg passed it to Gustav. Gustav passed it to me as I quickly grabbed the note before Mrs.Vanderbilt turned around.

I opened it to see three Yes's. And of course Gustav drew a terribly drawn stick figure of me stuck in a tree crying. I looked at him crumbling up a scratch piece of paper and throwing it at his head.

"MS.L/N!" You've gotta be kidding me.

"10 Minutes, Y/N?" Georg snickered, "YES! And she just stared at me the whole time." I responded, "How many times is she gonna keep you after class?" Gustav laughed, as Tom and Bill stood to the side talking. "She's literally obsessed with Me!" We began to walk to the cafeteria to our spot. We all sat down. "So...What are we thinking about the Song?" I hoped they liked the idea and were okay with the song. "Fine by me!" "Interesting" "Cool!" "Wait who's singing?" Georg questioned, We all sat for a moment in silence. "Not it!" Georg touched his nose, "Of Course you're not it, you sound like a cat on helium." Georg scoffed, Gustav was baffled, as he placed his hand on his chest. "Wowww" Georg had a point though. Who would sing? "How Bout Bill and Y/N?" Tom chirped,

"I mean after hearing you guys sing yesterday, it wasn't all too bad." "I thought you were annoyed of our singing?" Bill questioned, "Well yeah, but it didn't sound unstandable." Bill raised an eyebrow, "Actucally that doesn't sound like a bad idea...I wouldn't mind singing. I take choir after all!" "You do?" We all asked in unison, "Mhm!" "I guess I could too, I mean it wouldn't hurt to." I smiled, "I take guitar, maybe I could be lead guitarist?" Tom offered, "Same here!" Georg and Tom high fived. We all turned to Gustav. "I can play drums?" "There's no way you can play the drums." I laughed, "Oh yes way, got a set and everything."
"Mhm...Well if you do you're our drummer." Gustav nodded. "Now, onto the song." I reached into my bag pulling out my notebook flipping to my notes. I placed the book in the middle of us all. "The song is a song about emotions and feeling overwhelmed and terrible inside. Like a Monsun, You just get caught in your emotions." Everyone nodded, Bill smiled as he nodded hearing me explain. Everyone stared waiting for me to explain more. "That's all I got so far." I admitted as they all looked at one another. "How about it's about getting caught I your emotions but also finding the good in it." "You know kinda like the light after the Monsun." Bill added, It was perfect! "That's perfect!" I began to write down Bill's words. Georg,Gustav, and Tom nodded in agreement. "How about we all meet up tomorrow after-school and begin to work on the lyrics and music?" "Yeah." Gustav agreed, "But it'll be at Gustav's place where that, "Drum set" is." I smirked,

"Um, I didn't say all that." We began to all get up and head towards the lunch line. "Excuse me!" Gustav got up shortly, "Be nice Y/N, it's Gustav's precious little Angel." Georg smirked. "Now we just need a title for it." "How about..." "Durch Den Monsun?" Bill commented.