Introduction

-

-

'Cause you could be the one that I love

I could be the one that you dream of

Message in a bottle is all I can do

Standing here, hoping it gets to you

-

~ taylor swift, message in a bottle

Hello everyone! Welcome to the sequel of Invisible String (my Conneree Internet Friends AU published from 2020-2021)!

That fic was inspired by a Hiccstrid fanfic called Anonymous by epic-failwin on fanfiction.net, and this fic is inspired by Invisible String I guess. In a sense this not really a TLOS fanfic but some sort of Turquoise-verse fanfic because it is rather OC centric haha.

Conner and Bree will take the backseat for this fic and we'll shift the focus to Alex and my various OCs Fred, Danielle, and Eugene. Fred is Conner (and Alex's) sporty best friend who happens to be a flirt, Danielle is Bree's excitable best friend and a musical tsundere girl, Eugene is a nonchalant kid and does the school musical with Danielle. All three have appeared in False Obsession Turned Real (my atrociously long and ambitious Conneree longfic) and Invisible String so if you want you can give them a read! It's recommended that you read at least Invisible String before this because it is a sequel after all :D

FOTR readers might also be interested because stuff I put in here is kind of what I wanted to put in FOTR. In a way Message In A Bottle is the ending I would've wanted to give to the cast. All the drama and unrequited crushes and highschool angst.

Various notes regarding Invisible String:

- IS is set in the school year of 2020-2021 and the cast are freshman. MIAB is set in the school year of 2022-2023 but the cast are sophomores. So only one year had passed in-universe despite the two years in real life.

- Covid and such do not exist. It's a perfectly unrealistic happy world :) It's escapism time! This is meant to be a cute and silly (and slightly cringey because they're all teens) fic.

- Conner and Bree's story in IS is canon to MIAB :D

- I purposely made the background characters ambiguous as hell in IS so it's never confirmed who went on a date with Alex lmao. MIAB will have a solid status-quo that does not align with the ambiguous stuff in IS, so characterisation and character dynamics might be slightly altered. Some things are retconned.

I hinted at a sequel at the end of IS but it was just for giggles lmao, I never seriously considered making one until May 2022 when I sat there and was like. Hmm. And then my brain exploded with the possibilities but narrowed it down to one Taylor Swift song fairly quickly. (Other candidates for titles according to my notes include New Romantics and Long Story Short.)

The sequel also 200% because of your comments on Invisible String! :D Like I wouldn't have wanted to continue if it wasn't for the continuous comments and kind words <3 <3 this is community funded LOL so thank you all so so much for reading and showing your support!

First chapter drops August 25 2022! Ideally there will be around 5 updates per month (but it depends), updated in real time. I've got the September chapters down, half of October is done (maybe), the easy part of November is done (sorta), and the rest.... lol. (I've written the ending chapter lol.) I really want to do this but I don't want to lose steam, so your support will be important! :) and remember to add this to your libraries!

By the way, what do you all want to see in this one? :D The gimmick for this fic will be revealed in the first chapter, but until then, what do you think will happen / what do you want to see? :D Fredlex? Breelex?? Arlex? Rooklex? Misunderstandings? Mistaken identities? Who will be Internet friends with who? :D