Dec 19

December 19. 8:07am.

Conner: IIIII DONT WANT A LOT FOR CHRISTMAS

Bree: THERE IS JUST ONE THING I NEED

Conner: I DONT CARE ABOUT THE PRESENTS

Bree: UNDERNEATH THE XMAS TREE

Conner: I JUSY WANT U FOR NY OWN

Bree: MORE THAN U COILD EVER KNOW

Conner: MAKE MY WISH CONE TRUEEEEE

Bree: ALL I WANT FOR XMAS ISS

Conner: ISSSSSS

Bree: YOU!! ;P [heart]

Conner: YOU!!!! :DDD

Conner: [heart] [heart] [heart]

Bree: ok that was kinda cringey

Conner: I agree

Bree: but it's for traditions sake

Conner: yeyeyyeyeyeah

Bree: Love how we're having this karaoke text session on the day we get our grades back

Conner: IM SCAREDD

Bree: It's gonna be fine don't worry

Conner: aaaAAA at least xmas is coming soon

Bree: Yup! Holidays :)

Conner: :))

-

Danielle and Eugene were currently staring at the grades they'd gotten back for their literature exam. "It felt like I broke my arm writing that essay," Eugene marveled, "but I guess it paid off?"

Danielle nudged Eugene playfully. "Dude, you got top 3 this time! That's an accomplishment."

Eugene grinned and didn't reply, but it was obvious that he was beaming with happiness and pride. To Danielle, it was nice seeing Eugene happy, and it was extra nice that his source of happiness wasn't derived from him teasing her (even though she didn't really mind him). Mirroring Eugene's smile, Danielle's lips automatically quirked up, but pain sparked and she instantly winced.

"Ugh, my lips are cracked. I guess this is the consequence of singing karaoke with Bree yesterday..."

"Sounds painful," Eugene mumbled. They were talking in hushed tones because the teacher was currently explaining the essay questions. Eugene's pen knocked into Danielle's as he shifted closer to her. "How the hell are you going to sing for annual production rehearsals now?"

"I do have Vaseline," Danielle mumbled back. And because she didn't want the pain to worsen, she bent down and took out that little container from her bag. By carefully maneuvering her books and strategically ducking, Danielle dabbed a bit of Vaseline on her pinky and applied it to her lips. It was an anxious and messy affair though. Eugene naturally kept an eye out for her, but a sudden noise up front (somebody had dropped their calculator; God knows why a calculator was needed in literature class) caused Danielle to jerk. Her elbow bumped into her desk and she accidentally smeared a streak of Vaseline across her lips.