March 8

A/N: Choo choo the Frednielle train is showing up on the horizon and coming nearing~ :D

I'll say this before things start Going In A Direction: trust the process lmao. I penned the ending long ago and I think you'll like it :) we just have to get through teenage love drama first.

-

It was past midnight and Fred was still playing Oasis Origin with Danielle. Now that they knew who each other were, they'd turned to voice chat so they could yell at each other more efficiently. And Fred did mean "yell", because they certainly screamed a lot at each other and Danielle was easily excited. He'd gotten used to Danielle's high pitched screams in his ear.

It was addictive and a good way to destress. A new event had launched and they both had items they wanted, so why not grind for the event currency together to make it easier? So they embarked on duel after duel, and steadied into a reliable rhythm with a nice 75% win rate. Before they knew it, they had played for almost two hours.

"I wish we didn't have school tomorrow," Danielle whined. "Or more like today."

"Yeah, damn, it's getting late," Fred said. "I hope Easter comes faster."

"It's like a month away, it'll come soon enough. But I feel like I'll be stressed over the May exams during spring break."

Fred gave an exaggerated groan. "Don't mention those cursed things, Dani!"

"Sorry? I guess?" Danielle's voice took on a snarky tone, which Fred liked because it meant Danielle was more comfortable with him. He'd heard too much from Eugene about Danielle being mean to him (or maybe Eugene just liked complaining about Danielle. Or simply talking about Danielle).

"Anyways, I guess we have to go to bed now. Can't be too tired for class tomorrow."

"Aww, look at you being the responsible one, Freddie. But yeah, you've got a point."

(It was nice hearing Danielle say his nickname.)

"See you tomorrow at school."

"See you tomorrow."

Ideally, Fred would go straight to bed after hanging up. But obviously, he was a procrastinator, so he ended up scrolling through Instagram reels for a good twenty minutes before he actually decided to lay down in bed. And lying down didn't guarantee he was going to sleep. Idly, he decided to go on Forging Friendships.

-

Name: BlueInk

Posted on: March 8. 12:45pm.

Message: CAN WE FAST FORWARD TO EASTER ALREADY

-

Very quickly, Fred received a response from Danielle, who was probably also procrastinating on sleeping like he was.

-

Name: LilacBerry

Commented on: March 8. 12:47pm.

Comment: BUT EXAMS

-

Name: BlueInk

Commented on: March 8. 12:47pm.

Comment: SHUSH

-

Fred then refreshed the "Sea" of messages and noticed one that Danielle had sent out some minutes ago.

-