Nov 11

the trio (3)

November 11. 7:49am.

Alex (me): Good luck for the basketball match today Freddie!

Fred: thanks Alex!

Fred: what time is it over there in Scotland?

Alex (me): uhh like afternoon?

Fred: cool

Fred: It's a bit weird that we're not in the same timezone haha

Conner: yah

Conner: send us more pics alexxxx

Alex (me): ok lol

Conner: dont "ok lol" me alex

Alex (me): What? You're speaking like you're my older brother?

Fred: SIGNIFICANTLY older...

Conner: CAN BOTH OF YOU FIND ANOTHER JOKE SMH

Alex (me): AHAHAHAHAH

Alex (me): :)

Fred: btw we're so gonna crush the other school today

Fred: much confidence

Fred: yas

Alex (me): Wish I could watch it!

Fred: hehe

Alex (me): I'll be supporting from afar tho

Conner: I'll channel my twin sister's energy

Fred: Haha what are you talking about lol

-

It had been a couple days since Alex landed in Scotland for her leadership camp. She was extremely nervous since it was the first time she would be away from her friends and family for such a long period of time (two weeks), but now that she'd somewhat settled in, she was feeling better.

Well, if Alex was to be honest, there was something else making her feel better— or rather someone.

Alex didn't expect it. She didn't see it coming. Or maybe she should've.

Because while everybody, including her, knew who Arthur Pendragon was, she didn't really know him before the trip.

Alex had heard of him, seen him briefly in corridors, heard people gush about him, but she'd never paid much attention. After all, Arthur was a year older than her and her friends. Until Alex and Arthur ended up on the same trip to Scotland. And for some reason, they were assigned to sit next to each other on the plane.

Funny. Alex swore she'd seen the same trick done before.

So Alex properly saw Arthur for the first time and wow. If Rook was cute, then Arthur was smoking hot. Sandy blond hair, bright blue eyes, a cheeky smile, and wow, muscles. Heat rose on Alex's cheeks and she suddenly understood what "love at first sight meant". Her heart thumped in her chest. Alex didn't know she had a type before; she didn't think she had one, but in those few seconds, she was sure it was whatever Arthur Pendragon was.