Dec 28

A/N: Wake up Frednielle shippers :D (it's me, I'm the shipper)

-

December 28. 12:00am.

BlueInk812: you up for another round?

lilacberry: yeee let's go

-

Danielle was currently playing the hit online game Oasis Origin with her online friend Blue. After all, it was winter break, so they could stay up as late as they wanted. They were matching against strangers in rounds of 2v2 duelling and they found out their strategies and spell sets complemented each other quite well. Danielle was focused on DPS, which when accumulated enough, her special skill would summon a trio of witches that applied slowness and poison damage. Blue had quick mana recover ability and fired off spells rapidly. Blue took the front field and viciously attacked the other side, protecting Danielle at the back who sneakily shot spells and summoned creatures to do damage for her.

They didn't use voice chat, so they communicated with text in game, mostly the pre-set messages that they could send quickly with one click. They sent each other congratulations and encouragements, such as when Danielle cut off a player's escape routes and Blue finished them off swiftly. Just simple words like "thanks!" and "GG" and "yas slay".

Danielle was hovering around at the back, focusing her mana on creatures, but then she saw that Blue's health was around 70% down while hers was just 30% down. She tossed him a health potion, knowing he needed it more than her.

C'mon, mana, recharge faster! Danielle was tense as she furiously tapped on her screen. Blue's health was dropping again- damn, didn't she just heal him? She needed him to carry their duo. She glanced towards Blue, an attack was right about to hit him-

A shield popped up in front of Blue, perfectly absorbing the damage for him. Danielle didn't even have time to breathe a sigh of relief. Thankfully she managed to accumulated just enough mana to summon a shield for Blue. And Blue, unwilling to let her efforts go to waste, tackled his opponents with increasing ferocity. Thanks to Danielle keeping Blue's health high, they managed to win even though their opponents had higher levels. Danielle exhaled when the victory screen popped up, a smile automatically making its way across her face.

-

December 28. 12:08am.

BlueInk812: YESSSSS

lilacberry: omgg we won you carried

BlueInk812: Thanks for the double save back there lilac:)

lilacberry: :)

BlueInk812: I was taking soo much damage, maybe we need a movement skill like teleport

lilacberry: true

lilacberry: my teleport is just level 9 though

BlueInk812: Mine's 11, I'll bring teleport no worries

lilacberry: :)

-

And so they started duelling again. Danielle remained in the back while Blue battled in the front. Their opponents seemed to be quite slow and Danielle took the opportunity to use up all her mana to summon creatures. And then—

Her character was suddenly restrained, and Danielle helplessly watched as a shower of fireballs was about to land on her. Oh, so that's why their opponent wasn't attacking— they were saving up mana for that combo attack! And Danielle was out of mana, so she couldn't do anything. Her heart thumped—