18: Stupid Blondie

"I'm glad we were able to outsmart another team and take their scroll," notes Tenten as she sighs with relief.

"I'm just glad that we're here now," you mumble while holding onto Neji's shoulders as he carries you on his back.

You had a rough night, puking water and koi fish after your weird dream. The puking did not last long, but it was as violent as a dam bursting. Because of this, Neji carried you so that you could have time to rest for the next test. Tenten assisted Rock Lee in walking considering that he fought a tough battle as well.

Your team and Deidara had split ways considering that you both needed different scrolls. Your team was able to obtain the scroll you needed, along with making it to the building to meet up with the rest of the teams. Fortunately, your team made it to the building on the second time, which would allow everyone to rest some more.

"We could have gotten here sooner if we had just jumped blondie for his scroll," grunts Neji as he remembers how annoying Deidara is.

"Oh stop being such a grump, Neji! Deidara's so cool and admirable considering that he saved (y/n)," argues Rock Lee with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, plus we owed him anyways since you tried to jump him prior," Tenten adds while rolling her eyes.

"Okay, well I thought that he beat her up and kidnapped her for our scroll!" yells Neji as his cheeks turn red in embarrassment.

"Could you guys keep it down a bit, your voices are echoing through this building and making my ears ring," you mumble, unintentionally burying your face in Neji's neck as to get more comfortable.

"S-s-sorry (y/n)," apologized Neji as his pale face became a bright, red tomato as he can feel the warmth of your breath on his neck.

Rock Lee and Tenten only giggled, apologizing to you as well.

"Oh yeah, speaking of Deidara getting jumped. I think that you should hear the story, (y/n)," notes Rock Lee with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah, I think it's honestly really funny and you definitely deserve to know what Neji did," chuckles Tenten.

"Come on guys, does she really need to know the story?" asks Neji.

Before you knew it, Rock Lee and Tenten were both describing the events that had happened while you were unconscious. According to Tenten, Deidara had told them that he was carrying you for a while until he found a good spot in the forest to rest. What everyone could assume was that while your fight happened and Deidara came in to save you, Rock Lee's fight was also happening.

During his fight, Rock Lee was badly injured by the ninjas from the Sound Village. He jumped in to help Sakura as Naruto and Sasuke were unconscious. Fortunately enough, Rock Lee was making a fast recovery.

Anyways, when Neji finally located where you were, using his Byakugan to see your Chakra, he bolted toward your location. He had warned the rest of the team for an upcoming fight. However, according to the rest of the team, it seemed as if Neji knew what Deidara's chakra looked like as he just ran in without a plan.

Neji apparently came at Deidara, who was cooking fish, kicking him in the face and screaming at him for putting you in danger. Then the two started yelling at each other while Rock Lee and Tenten just stood there questioning the whole interaction.

"Really? What was said?" You asked, curious as to what the two of then could have been arguing about other than Deidara getting his face kicked in.

"Ah well, some stuff about how Neji is such a terrible person for just running in and kicking Deidara in the face and how Deidara is a terrible person for getting you hurt and how Neji doesn't deserve your attention because he's such a jerk and how Deidara's hair isn't even as long and pretty as Neji's and-" begins Tenten.

Neji interrupts with, "Okay, that's enough. I think that we should find a place to rest until it's time for us to head into the main hall later on after tomorrow."

"Oh, I think that it's too soon to sleep though," argues Tenten as she grins a little.

"Well, I think that (y/n) needs to rest," retorts Neji. "What do you think (y/n)?"

The only response given was soft snoring from you as you had fallen asleep on Neji's back. Because of this, Neji started freaking out as he was not sure how to handle someone sleeping on his back.

"How do I even lay her down without waking her up? What if I wake her up and she can't fall asleep afterwards? What if-" Neji is interrupted by Tenten.

"Sheesh, you really are not cut out for relationships, huh Neji?" sighs Tenten as she facepalms.

"W-What? You mean platonic relationships, right? W-Which I would agree with considering that I do not have very many friends that I have made on my own without any other affiliation," answers Neji.

"Yeah yeah, whatever Neji. I'll take (y/n) off your back and lay her down myself," says Tenten as she begins doing what she says.

"Wait, so Neji doesn't have a crush on (y/n)?" blurts out Rock Lee.

"PFFT, why would I like (y/n) in that way?" questions Neji as he starts fidgeting with his ninja headband.

Before Tenten and Rock Lee could laugh and poke more fun with Neji, Deidara appeared and commented on the conversation as well.

"Yeah, why would you like (y/n) in that way? After all, you were the one who made her cry that one day," states Deidara with angry eyes.

"And why is that any of your business to begin with? Why do you, an Iwa ninja, care about (y/n) so much that you always have to pick fights with me?" snaps back Neji with the same angry eyes.

"Because Neji, I love (y/n) and I'm not afraid to admit that. I would do anything for (y/n). It doesn't even matter if she returns the feelings, I would still do anything for her. I will always be there for (y/n). How about you, Neji? What have you done for (y/n) since you've known her? Because you know what? I haven't heard much good about the start. If you're not careful, then (y/n) just might end up being an Iwa ninja with me," states Deidara as he begins to walk away. "Oh, and if we end up having to fight later on, then you better hope that I'm in a good mood. Otherwise, I'll blow your stupid hands off."

While you slept, your team watched the Iwa ninja walk off, leaving Neji speechless.

"Well, Neji, say goodbye to your hands," mumbles Rock Lee.

"Eh? What does that mean?" questions Neji as an annoyed expression appeared on his face.

"With your luck, I'd suggest coming up with a plan now," mumbles Tenten.

"Come on! Do you guys have like no faith in me?" retorts Neji.

Tenten and Rock Lee only sat in silence while the exasperated Neji sighed, finally taking his own spot on the ground to ponder.

"Tch, why does he even get so bothered with (y/n) and I being friends? If he likes her so much, then why doesn't he just make a move? I mean, it's not like I like her or anything... Okay, maybe I do have feelings for her but I'm not immature enough to be so competitive about it. Stupid blondie."