11: Naruto Again

"I'm going out Yamato! See ya!" you yell as you slam your front door behind you. 

When you turn away from the shut door, you are surprised to find Yamato standing in front of you. 

"Come on! You have to escort me through the town too?" you whine as you walk pass Yamato towards the Ichiraku Ramen Shop.

"Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job, now would I?" softly smiles Yamato as you turn a corner. 

"I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't do your job." You say with a smirk turning once again to find yourself a few meters away from the beloved ramen shop. 

"That may be true, but I take my job seriously. After all, I cherish your presence here since you, along with the other inhabitants of this village, make up what we call, Konohagakure." answers Yamato as he takes a seat next you as you order a bowl of ramen. 

"This one's on the house since you were kind enough to take care of the dishes yesterday." notes Ichiraku as he begins to whip up your meal.

"Thanks Ichi!" you reply as you smile brightly. 

"Why can't I get free ramen too?" whines another customer with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"It's cuz you never do any work around here!" replies Ichi as he threatens to smack Naruto with a frying pan. 

"But I'm your number one customer!" whines the blonde once more. 

"Which I appreciate, but I can't just go around giving out free meals!" explains Ichi as he hands you your free bowl of ramen and chopsticks. 

"But she gets some!" whines the boy once more. 

You slide your bowl in front of the blonde and smile. 

"You can have my bowl. You seem to be a man of culture when it comes to ramen, which is honorable in my eyes, even though you ruined The Hokage's faces" you comment as you order yourself another bowl of ramen. 

"Gee, are you sure I can have this bowl?" questions Naruto.

"Yerp," you answer with another smile. 

"In that case, thank you for the meal!" thanks Naruto as he finishes the bowl in about a minute or less. 

"Wow! How impressive!" you say in awe, causing the blonde to blush a little. 

"It's not that amazing. Anyways, it's nice to see you again (y/n)!" asks Naruto as he smiles brightly, holding his hand out. 

You take his hand and shake it as you claim that it is also a pleasure to see him again.

"Well (y/n), thanks a lot for the meal! Is there anyway I could repay you for your kindness?" asks Naruto. 

"Well, since you asked. Please spread another act of kindness so that one day we can live in a world of peace that encourages such good deeds," you answer smiling. 

"Will do!" exclaims Naruto with a thumbs up. 

"Oh! And, be my friend too!" you exclaim. 

"I thought we already became friends when you gave me your bowl!" laughs Naruto. 

Your bowl of ramen, this one also being free due to such kindness, is placed in front of you with another pair of chopsticks. 

"Thank you for the meal Ichi!" you exclaim as you break the chopsticks and proceed eating the exquisite meal. 

"You are quite welcomed! Unlike Naruto here, you definitely deserve this treat," teases Ichi. 

"You old man! I'm going to be The Hokage one day and I'll definitely deserve free ramen!" argue Naruto. 

"Yeah yeah Naruto. Follow this young lady and I'm sure you will," Ichi smiles as he returns to the back to clean dishes and tidy up more. 

"I support your goal of becoming The Hokage," you say as you slurp up the last of your noodles. 

"Thanks! I too hope for a world of peace where there is equality amongst all people by the way," answers Naruto as he gets off his seat. 

"Well, then I hope that we can work together to make the ninja world a better place," you say as you also get off your seat due to finishing your bowl. 

"Anyways, I think I'mma head to the book store and sneak a peek at some comics before they kick me out for not buying anything," says Naruto with a chuckle. 

"Why not buy the comics?" you ask, ignorant of Naruto's situation. 

"Ah, well I don't really have a lot of money to buy very many books. I have to save my allowance for necessities such as milk and cereal- Oh and don't forget packaged ramen too!" answers Naruto. 

"Oh, then why don't you ask your parents for comics?" you ask. 

Naruto frowns, indicating that you said something you should not have, "I don't exactly have parents anymore..." 

"Oh... I apologize for bringing up such a sensitive topic."

"Nah, it's cool, you're honestly the only nice person I've meet who's actually taken the situation I'm in seriously instead of talking behind my back or being directly rude to me," says Naruto as he awkwardly smiles and avoids eye contact by looking at the ground. 

"Hey! Ya know what? I have a day off today- can I hang out with you?" you question, trying to lighten the mood up. 

"R-Really?" stutters out Naruto. 

"Of course! Why not?" you smile. 

"Th-Then let's go! I'll show you the way!" insists Naruto as his smile brightens up and seems genuine once again. 

"Oh! This is Yamato by the way!" you say as you stick your thumb behind you and point it at Yamato. 

"It's a pleasure to be in your presence," comments Yamato. 

"He's my uh, guard? Yeah, I guess he's a guard pretty much since some weird attacked me and Neji- WAIT DOES NEJI HAVE A BODY GUARD TOO?" you question as you whip around to look at Yamato. 

Yamato nods. 

"Whew, that's good to know- I mean! I don't care anyways. Like you said earlier, he's a part of what makes Konohagakure Konohagakure."

Yamato chuckles.

"Anyways, lead the way Naruto!" you whip back around to say to Naruto.

You and Naruto, along with Yamato following behind closely, head over to this infamous book store Naruto spoke of. When you two arrive, Naruto leads you to the graphic novel section and picks out his favorite series. 

"It's you again!" yells a male who seems to be the owner of the store as he holds up a broom, prepared to swat Naruto out. 

"Wait! We're buying books to add to my library at home!" you say as you jump in front of Naruto with your arms stretched out in the air. 

"Tch," was all the man said as he lowered his broom and continued sweeping elsewhere. 

"Gee, thanks (y/n)," blushes Naruto embarrassingly as he scratches the back of his neck. 

"No problem! Anyways, this was the series right?" you say pointing at the same place Naruto showed interest in. 

"Yep!" exclaims Naruto