9: Interrogation

"Yes, Neji Hyuga and I came to the Hokage's office to complete the set of missions Guy-sensei gave us. Guy-sensei received the missions from The Hokage. We're not sure if The Hokage was in some sort of genjutsu when he gave Guy-sensei the missions though," you say being stared down by the Konoha Torture and Interrogation Force. 

Of course, they were only there to interrogate you. Many questions were asked such as, "Do you know who the mystery ninja was?"

"No, he only told me to refer to him as "I", sir."

"Did "I" tell you anything that has to do with his plans."

"No, but he did mention others."

"Do you know who the others are?"

"No; however, they pose a bigger threat than "I". "I" said that he wouldn't harm me, but he couldn't promise that the others wouldn't harm me. "I' also said that he will keep in touch with me." you answer, receiving satisfied looks from them. 

"Well, (y/n), is there anything else that you have to say?" asks Ibiki Morino, the head of the force. 

"He referred to me as "Miss (y/n)" as if I was royalty or something. And, he noted that I figured out how to manipulate water as if he's seen me before not be able to manipulate water."

Ibiki tries his best to keep a stoic expression, but you can tell that he is thinking up a storm as his brows furrow. 

"(y/n), do you know anything about the (l/n) clan?" asks Ibiki. 

"I know that my parents were awesome shinobis before they died," you answer honestly. 

"Mmmm, okay. Since whoever we're dealing with has an eye out for you (y/n), some of the Anbu forces will be sent to your house and protect you for the time being until we're able to figure out who we're dealing with. Once we find out who it is, we'll put a stop to them," says Ibiki as he turns to follow two others out the room. "I will send someone to escort you back home."

"Wait, what is the (l/n) clan? Is there anything that I don't know about it that I should? If so, I feel that I have every right to know since I am the last of the clan," you say firmly. 

"Whether there is or not doesn't apply to whether you should know or not at this very moment (y/n). You're not ready to know. You're still too young," answers Ibiki as he walks away. "Come with me."

You get up from the chair they provided you and follow Ibiki. You were given many stares from those walking around the hallways as they ran errands for their job. Some even whisper to one another as they try not to make eye contact with you. Such behavior was strange for you since you were never really given any stares in public; however, you never thought to look at your surroundings due to you having so much fun conversing and playing with your friends when you went outside. It was as if they knew something about yourself that you did not. You eventually stop in front of a room with Ibiki knocking. 

"Stay here," says Ibiki as he knocks and is let in.

You lean on the wall, eventually sliding down to sit on the floor. You close your eyes and chuckle thinking, "I guess we're not winning that competition today."

"Hey (y/n)," greets Neji.

You open your eyes to look up at Neji. After all that has occurred, you still thought Neji was handsome. You stand up to be face to face with Neji.

"Hey Neji, I'm assuming that you're done with the interrogation part?" you reply.

"Yeah," says Neji.

You two stand there in a cloud of awkwardness before Neji says something.

"Are you okay?" he questions.