Truth or Dare

Sujay entered the room and almost stopped in his tracks when his eyes landed on Shonali. How can someone look so pretty even after a tiring day full of lectures ?

Jeet , Charu and Sarika too entered the class with Sujay and they all sat with the rest of the group.

Someone randomly suggested to play a game of Truth or Dare and everyone agreed quickly. Three tables were joined quickly and everyone settled around it . There were around 20 people from the class playing !

Sujay was sitting right opposite to Shonali , he was stealing glances at her every now and then . This day couldn't have been better he thought . Shonali absolutely unaware of him was busy praying the pointer never lands on her .

The bottle was rolled and landed pointing towards one of their classmate Amit . He was asked to mimic a certain teacher knowing how well he does that. The entire group burst out laughing at his acting. After two three random turns , the bottle landed on Sameer. He chose truth and he was asked to name his latest crush .

His response shocked everyone , he took Sarika's name !! Sarika could not stop blushing after hearing this ! Sujay playfully nugded her which made everyone laugh . Seems like another love story was about to start .

       After few more random turns , the bottle landed on Sujay . He became nervous because he didn't want to reveal his feelings for Shonali in front of so many people. He chose Dare thinking he would be asked to do something silly but unfortunately for him today Jeet was on a mission too like Palak . He quickly took the opportunity and asked Sujay to ask his crush out on a date !!

Though he was not sure if Sujay's crush was currently present in the class so he quickly added he should call her if she is not here in the room.

      There was a good pause of 2-3 minutes and everyone grasped the situation. It was clear as a day that Sujay had a crush on someone and the girl was in the room !

He was so nervous that he almost gave up doing the dare . Sarika jumped in and encouraged him to go ahead and complete the dare . Everyone started cheering for Sujay and in that second Sujay looked at Shonali who was busy talking to Akshay.

Because of all the cheering , Shonali leaned a bit towards Akshay to hear what he was saying . This ignited a tinge of jealousy and fear of losing her in Sujay. He thought for a second and decided to go ahead with the dare. He decided to ask her out on a date . What did he have to lose ? Although he wanted more , he wanted to know her in and out, he wanted to know her likes and dislikes , he wanted to know why she always tried to stay in the shadows, he wanted to ask her about her past he has seen the pain reflecting in her eyes sometimes, he wanted to bare out his heart , he wanted to hold her and never let go but in that moment only a date with her sounded a reason enough to take the plunge.

   He got up from his seat and the entire classroom suddenly went silent. They all were following his actions . He moved around the table and stopped right next to Palak.

Shonali was sitting between Palak and Akshay. She slowly turned and looked at Sujay. Even she was curious who he was about to ask out . Though she was not friends with Sujay , she knew him through Sarika .

They rarely talked to each other but they once had a conversation while waiting for Sarika which really impressed her. Sarika too always talked highly of him. But somehow Shonali was never attracted to him. Thus the thought that she could be his crush never crossed her mind.

   Palak had a feeling she was about to put their deal in action ... Sujay's actions made her realized he was about ask Shonali out !!!

Sujay took a last look at Jeet who gave him an encouraging nod . He took a deep breath and looked at Shonali . For someone who is always calm and knows what to say in any situation he found himself at loss of words !!

"Shonali , I know this is very surprising and perhaps we don't know each other that well but I would really like to know you better . It's absolutely fine if you say no , please don't feel burdened because of everyone here and the fact that I am Sarika's old friend . But I would really like to take you out . Will you go on a date with me ? I promise it will have tea on the menu ! "