Never Been Kissed

Days were passing by too quickly for Shonali. With each passing day , she started getting more anxious . Her plan to stay away from Sujay was failing miserably . After their heart to heart about their past , Shonali felt very relieved and a lot closer to Sujay.

    Sujay did everything he could to make her feel comfortable and trust him more. After hearing about her heart breaking experience he just wanted to make her smile , to protect her from everything , to keep her happy.

    It was 13th of February , or as per the Valentines week - Kiss day !! Ever since the Valentines week began there was a different energy in the campus. Everyone seemed to be looking for their valentines , making a fuss of each of the days .

   Jeevika and Arush too had forgotten all their arguments and were on their best behaviors celebrating each day with so much love and affection .

   However Sarika and Sameer's story was still a mystery to everyone . Shonali was still reeling under the shock of Sujay leaving that she forgot she had to talk to Sameer.

    It was a free lecture and alot of people from their class were gathered together and were having random conversations when suddenly the mention of Kiss day came up.

    One thing led to another and they were now discussing everyone's first kiss. They started going around the table asking everyone to share the story of their first kiss.

     It started with one of their classmates who mentioned he was 16 and in school . It happened on the school stairs ! Everyone started teasing him. Soon everyone started sharing their stories..

   Palak mentioned she was 15 years old and it happened on her terrace . Of course it was Darshan , Shonali thought.

    For Maitri , her first kiss happened when she was 20 , in her now ex-boyfriend's car !

   When it came to Sujay , Shonali waited eagerly to hear his story . Sujay was reluctant if he should tell the story or not but when Shonali asked him to go ahead  , he shared how his first kiss happened at 17 with a friend . They were in his room on the pretext of group studies when she initiated the kiss !

     Sujay was blushing when he shared his story . He could not look at Shonali . Shonali found this too cute !

    Sneh surprised everyone by telling how his first kiss happened when he was only 14 and the girl was a family friend . They were playing hide and seek with other friends and they both were hiding under the bed when this happened !

     Everyone had a good laugh. Now only Shonali was left and everyone was looking at her waiting for her to share her story. Knowing how shy she is , everyone was teasing her already. 

    Sujay was looking at her with an amused smile also feeling a little jealous that someone else had kissed her before .

"I have never kissed anyone !" said Shonali . She was blushing so much that her cheeks were red. And she could not dare to look up .

"What ? How is that possible? Please tell na Shonali .. no one will judge you ! " Said Jeevika.

   Even Palak was surprised " You had a boyfriend in school I know , how is it that you have never kissed ? Come on tell us the truth .. "

"Yes even Sujay won't mind ! " teased Sarika

     Sujay was looking at her intently , he could not believe she has never been kissed !

    Shonali slowly looked up only to meet Sujay's eyes , she felt a shiver run down her spine. She could feel her breathing get uneven .

"I am telling the truth. I have never kissed anyone ! " She said and again lowered her eyes .

    Everyone started teasing her. Some even congratulated Sujay as to how we will be the first one to kiss her !! On hearing this Shonali turned more red if it was possible and quickly left the classroom after making excuses.

     Sujay was feeling butterflies , a lot of them. Somehow knowing she has not kissed anyone yet , made him feel more protective of her , more possessive of her. All he could think of was how soft her lips would be. Then he realised what he was thinking and shook his head as if trying to clear his mind of all the thoughts.

     The rest of the day went by quickly , attending lectures and presentations . It was a Friday and the group had decided that they would hangout at Sneh's apartment on Saturday as all his roommates were out of town. They had even invited Sujay and Jeet as they have now become a part of their circle.

Sujay and Jeet offered to pick up the girls from their hostel and then drive to Sneh's place.

    On Saturday morning , everyone was getting ready for the day. They were still teasing Shonali about how her first kiss will be . They even mentioned Sujay which made Shonali very nervous.

    Soon Sujay and Jeet reached their hostel gate to pick them up . All the girls quickly adjusted in Jeet's car only to leave Shonali alone with Sujay .
       Once Shonali sat in his car , he asked her to secure her seat belt. It was only 15 minutes drive towards Sneh's apartment but somehow for Shonali each minute was passing by very slowly. Everytime she saw Sujay a weird sensation ran through her. She was just praying he doesnot notice the effect he was having on her.

   Unaware of Shonali's situation , Sujay also kept thinking about yesterday's incident. But he knew it was too soon for them to take any such step.

    Once they reached the parking lot,  which was in the basement of Sneh's apartment they looked at each other. As if sensing each other's thoughts , their heart beats increased. Sujay quickly turned away before he could act on his feelings, he unbuckled his seat belt and was waiting for Shonali to get down . Shonali's seat belt was stuck , she tried to open it but in vain.

     Sujay saw her struggling so he leaned in a bit and tried to unbuckle the belt. At the same time Shonali reached for the belt making their hands touch. A bolt of electricity ran through them . They looked at each other and found they were only inches apart. They felt millions of butterflies in their stomach.

      Shonali could see Sujay's eyes had turned dark and he slowly moved his eyes towards her lips. Her heart beat was rapidly increasing making it difficult for her to breathe.

     Sujay softly placed one of his palm on her cheeks while lightly brushing his thumb across her lower lip.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  When she opened her eyes they were met with his full of desire only for her !

"What are you doing to me Shonali ! " Sujay sighed while slowly leaning in towards her.

     Shonali too unknowingly leaned in a bit towards him. They were so close that they could feel each other's breath.

Sujay lightly placed his fingers under her chin and moved in close. Their lips had just brushed against each other when Shonali's phone started ringing loudly bringing both of them back to reality !!

Sujay quickly straighened up and turned his car off , while Shonali was still trying to bring her breathing back to normal while trying to find her phone...