Crushed

The silence was overwhelming. Everyone was invested in the turn of events , all they could think about was how perfect Shonali and Sujay were for each other , why did this not happen earlier. Why was Palak taking so much time ? Can't she say Yes already !!!

      The moment Palak's eyes landed on Akshay , she knew something was up . She could see the hurt plastered on his face ! 'Oh God ' she groaned internally. 'What a mess , why didn't this fool say anything earlier?!'

If she says Yes to Sujay , she would not be able to convince Shonali to go out on another date with someone else , and Akshay's friendship with her could also get strained .

If she says No , she knew she has no reason to do so , moreover Sarika will not stop at this she will eventually convince everyone as to how perfect Shonali and Sujay are for each other! Why didn't they think of this earlier?!!

She has to keep Shonali's interest in mind , it's about her and not you she reminded herself. Wow this was supposed to be fun she thought , she had no idea it will turn out to be so difficult .

She finally made up her mind , and turned towards Sujay ...

" You ! " She started with a threatening voice trying to intimidate Sujay . It was funny to watch her as she barely came up to his shoulders yet she was scaring him !

" Shonali is very dear to me and to all of us ! Just keep this in mind we all will be watching you ! "

Is that a yes ?

"Yes , you can take her out ! But remember your promise - there should be tea , and yes  I almost forgot..  it is her first date ever , ensure it is memorable ... "

" Also you are on your own after this , I cannot help you out next time , it was only a one time deal . If says no after the first date , I am not responsible ! "

" Ooh don't try to show off , she hates that ! Don't plan anything grand , trust me with this . " Palak kept rambling on , trying to intimidate Sujay while also helping him unknowingly.

      On the other hand , Sujay was thinking how he could just hug her right now !! She had no idea what she had done for him . He was forever indebted to this little devil he thought.

      When Palak stopped , Sujay gave her a huge smile and assured her that he understood and agrees with everything she just said , he had no other option he joked !!

    He slowly turned towards Shonali who had turned a bright shade of red . She could not understand what to say . He gave her a small smile and surprised her with what he said next ,

" Shonali I understand you had a deal with Palak and I know you both agreed that you cannot say No if she agrees but I would still want to know your answer . If you still want to refuse it will be fine by me , no hard feelings and trust me no one will pester you about this ."
He gave a look in Sarika's direction, she smiled sheepishly knowing he understood her plan.

He again looked at Shonali silently hoping she does not change her mind. Shonali found this guesture of his very thoughtful. She saw sincerity in his words . A date wouldn't hurt right . Perhaps I can find a reason to say No after the first date , right now she could not find any .

"It's fine , I trust Palak's judgement " she said in a small voice , almost so faintly Sujay thought he imagined it !

A round of cheer erupted from the room ! Jeet quickly paced over , fist bumped Sujay and hugged him . Sarika and Charu too quickly made their way towards Shonali and Sujay .

The game was forgotten, and the group was now talking about the impending date , giving suggestions to Sujay who was beaming with joy and stealing glances at Shonali.

Amidst all this no one noticed how heartbroken Akshay was. He could not stand to be in the room at the moment , he slowly made his way out and Arush followed him . Palak saw this and quickly ran after both of them .

   "Akshay stop , listen to me ! " Shouted Palak . Akshay was not in a mood to talk to anyone . He had been avoiding his feelings for quite a long time now but the events of the day only made him realise how strongly he felt for her !

Akshay , Arush and Palak made their way towards the canteen and sat in the farthest corner where no one can hear them . Palak being her inpatient self started firing Akshay ..

"You idiot , why didn't you say anything earlier? You could have easily used the deal to your advantage in the morning ! When did this happen ? How ? What ? Why ? "

Though it was not surprising for Palak that Akshay had a crush on Shonali , she still wanted answers . She wanted to know if she made the right decision or not.

   Akshay sighed " Honestly even I don't know since when , it just happened gradually. You know her , no one can resist falling for her once they get to know her ".

Palak shrugged in agreement , Shonali was one of the most amazing human being she had met in her life . She brings such a positive vibe wherever she goes.  Even after going though certain disheartening events she was still so hopeful and content with her life.

   Akshay was a good friend but he was still a bit immature . He will not be able to handle Shonali's insecurities and fear . He will not be able to provide the understanding Shonali craves . Palak found Sujay to be more mature , and from what she has heard from Sarika , even he had his own set of scars . They would be perfect for each other , they would be each other's solace . That is if the first date went well.

After talking to Akshay and calming him down , all three of them left the canteen to join the rest of the group .

Palak was happy knowing she made the right decision , as for Akshay she knew he will realise in a few days how perfect Sujay is for her and how they both could have never worked out. He would then be glad to still have Shonali as a friend .