First Love

"Shonali makeup really suits you . Which blusher did you use? " Palak asked mischievously.

After Shonali came back from the cafe , she found all her friends in the food court. Surprisingly no one questioned her about where she was or what happened . Soon everyone started leaving for their homes and now it was only Shonali , Palak , Maitri and Ruhi sitting together. They were not in a mood to go back to their rooms yet.

"What makeup ? I have not used any makeup or any blusher ?!" Shonali looked at her confusingly .

"Oh so this is your natural blush!! You had gone to meet Sujay na ??" She said teasingly.

Shonali realized she has been smiling ever since the hug happened ! You cannot hide anything from Palak she laughed !

"Shut up Palak! " Shonali said while blushing.

Maitri and Ruhi too noticed that Shonali was blushing more than her usual self .

"Oh my God , you both kissed!!!" Ruhi exclaimed.

What is with this girl and kissing?

"No we did not kiss ! And Ruhi I will let you know when that happens please don't jump to such conclusions every time ?! " Shonali said shyly .

"So why are you blushing so much ? What happened? " Maitri asked

Shonali told them all about the hug and their conversation. After another round of teasing her , Palak asked "So you really are not going to talk to Sujay anymore? "

"What ? No , ofcourse I will talk to him .. but that's it. No more attachment! " Shonali sighed.

As if already putting her words in action, Shonali did not reply to any of his messages or calls. When her phone pinged for the third time she quickly left a message for Sujay telling him that she was busy and that she will see him in college tomorrow.

On the other hand Sujay understood what she was trying to do.. she has already started pushing him away. He could not stop wondering as to why is she so scared of letting people in.

It was late at night when Shonali was checking her schedule for the next day when she saw that she have 3 lectures combined with Sujay tomorrow !! Seems like the universe is also conspiring against her .

Next day Shonali and Sujay reached the classroom at the same time. Sujay gave a huge smile and followed her to take a seat next to her. Shonali was trying to find a seat where Sujay could not sit next to her but in vain .

They all were still waiting for their faculty when it was announced that the lecture has been cancelled. Soon it was only their group remaining in the room . Everyone was busy with something or the other. Sujay decided to talk to Shonali about her fears .

"Shonali .. " Sujay said softly ensuring no one else can hear them .

Shonali looked up at him and for a moment forgot her resolve to stay away.

They both were sitting in the third row , with all their friends in the first two rows. The row behind them was empty giving them some privacy.

"Why are you so scared that people will leave you ? " Sujay asked her with a serious expression.

Shonali looked at him not knowing how to answer him . "I am not scared that people will leave , I am scared of what happens when they leave... " She said lost in her thoughts.

"Have you ever been in love before?" Sujay asked

Shonali could feel his gaze on her.
"I am not sure if it was love but Yes I think ! " she smiled thinking of her first love. She was too naive to understand what love was back then .