chapter four

- y/n pov -

"it's my first time at a training camp, kageyama!" hinata said after kageyama told him to calm down. kei was grumbling about something causing noya and tanaka to talk to him while he ignored them.

suga spoke a few words to him and now the two of them were laying facedown on the floor. i stood back with the others and peered down at the two second years.

the volleyball team were at a training camp for the first time and found be playing against a school called nekoma in a few days.

"this is when we just walk away and act like nothing happened." kinoshita reached for my jacket sleeve and pulled me away and into the dining room.

everyone else started to come into the room and sat down at the tables. "y/n!" hinata took the seat across from me. "can you set volleyballs? what position did you use to play with you were in volleyball?"

"i can, yeah. but i used to play as libero." noya's attention snapped to me the second he heard the word. "i haven't played in like, two years though."

"you're a libero!" he exclaimed and had a giddy smile on his face. "we could play against each other! why didn't we have this information sooner?"

"i didn't think it was important."

"it would have been nice to know." hinata shook his head and started to eat. "but could you help me with my hits?"

"sure." i was already done eating and pushed my plate towards hinata since he seemed hungry and didn't have a lot on his plate at the moment. he took it with a thankful nod. "i'll be in the gym if you need me." i told the people around me.

"playing volleyball?" kinoshita asked with a hopeful smile.

i stopped and thought about his two words for a second. "i guess i am." i answered before walking away just when kinoshita let out a surprised
"what?"

the volleyball cart was still out when i entered the gym. i picked up one volleyball and bounced it against the floor twice before throwing it up and serving it.

it hit the net.

my eyebrows scrunched up before i grabbed another ball to try it again. this time the ball did go over the net and satisfaction ran through my body. it felt good to play again even if it was only a few simple serves.

despite playing libero, i still practiced how to serve along with everyone else. i used to switch between receiving the serves on the opposite side of the net and serving during practice.

i continued serving the volleyballs over the net until there were none left in the cart. my palm was stinging once i was done, but i ignored it. "y/n." my head turned and i saw kei and daichi there.

"yeah?"

"we were gonna come play for a little bit and you seem to be in the mood to play, so do you want to join us?" he asked and watched when i ducked under the net to serve the volleyball back over.

"sure." i threw the ball up in the air and hit it over. "do you think they're gonna get nauseous or anything? i mean, they just ate." another ball over the net.

"nah, they're taking a break right now. you've been in here for a while." daichi answered and caught one of the volleyballs, tossing it back into the cart. he turned to leave to join the rest of the team while kei stayed with me.

"i heard from hinata that your receives suck." i teased my brother and he rolled his eyes from behind his glasses.

"they don't."