chapter twelve

- y/n pov -

i was twisting the lid on one of the water bottles back and forth while watching one of the games. or i was just staring at them. nothing really processed in my mind.

the last games were being wrapped up which signaled the end of the day. which also meant it was time for us to leave.

"you know." maria scooted her chair until she was next to me. "we're leaving right after the games are done." she crossed her legs and turned her head over to me.

"yeah, why?"

"bokuto's gonna be sad." i nearly dropped the water bottle in surprise. "no one to stare at him while he plays anymore. he's loosing his biggest fan." she teased and i lightly shoved her shoulder.

"stop talking about him." i'll probably start catching feelings just because she's telling me all about him. "we're friends who literally just met last night."

she clearly ignored that last statement. "i'll give you a chance to say bye to your little boyfriend before we leave." she gave me a wide smile that resembled the cheshire cat more than my best friend.

"he's not my boyfriend."

"yet."

"no."

"yes."

"will you two shut up?" kei grumbled and threw a volleyball into our direction. i hit the ball back over to him and he easily caught it with one hand. maria looked back at him and started talking to him while he looked like he was barely paying attention.

i screwed the lid of the water bottle back on for the guys and started to hand them out to them. while passing them out i saw that fukurodani and nekoma were still playing. my eyes quickly found bokuto and saw him bending forward with his hands on his knees.

kuroo was talking to him from the other side of the net and akaashi was also talking to him at the same time while kenma stayed next to kuroo and listened to the words being exchanged.

"y/n!" noya shouted and pushed kinoshita and hinata out of the way to reach me. i looked over at him in surprise and his shout caught the attention of other players around us.

"hey..?"

"i wanna sit next to you on the bus!" he announced and pushed kinoshita and hinata again when they opened their mouth to argue with him. "shoyo can't sit with you this time! he got to spend the car ride with you when we came here."

"why can't i sit with her?" kinoshita asked and rested his elbow on noya's shoulder.

"cause."

"cause why."

"cause!"

i slowly backed out of their argument for them to fight it out on their own. kei was talking to maria now and unlike him, she was listening to every word he said with full interest, fukurodani and nekoma just finished their game, and people were starting to clean up the gym.

everyone started to gather up their things from the room we stayed in last night and we all met up at the top of the stairs.

"were you gonna leave without saying bye to your new friends?" kuroo popped up behind me and nearly made me drop my phone.