chapter sixteen

- bokuto pov -

y/n looked so much more confident and comfortable compared to the last time she was here. i was glad about that because training camp was supposed to be really fun for everyone.

watching her dive for the volleyball and letting out a smile when she got the ball back up made something warm grow inside of me. pride? happiness because she's all happy? i don't know.

she was currently jumping up and down with maria and hinata cause they managed to get a hit past kuroo and tsukki. "they sure are happy." kuroo was watching the three of them with amusement clear on his face.

"they managed to get a hit past the kuroo tetsurou." i grinned and slapped him on the back.

"shut up. i was starting to get tired."

"and tiring him out! what an accomplishment." i ran off before he could return the slap on the back and found myself walking towards y/n.

she spun around and smiled up at me when i was close enough and i paused mid-step which probably looked majorly awkward with my foot hovering a few centimeters off the ground,

that smile.

"hi, we're cleaning up for the night." i leaned down and scooped up the volleyball. "we're gonna do this every night so feel free to come by."

"that would be fun."

"very fun. bring tsukki and daisuke too." i added. "and i'm sure hinata will just come here on his own without anything having to convince him."

"definitely, but yeah we'll be here- at least i will. i'm sure maria and tsukki will too." she walked with me over to the storage room since tsukki had caught maria's attention.

i tossed the volleyball into the cart and closed the doors after. y/n went to grab her water bottle and her glasses and was still waiting there for me while everyone else already left.

her glasses were perched on top of her head like a librarian. but a cute librarian. not the old sweet ones that give you grandma vibes. more like a librarian i would skip lunch to go see in the library instead. and me skipping lunch was not something i'll say often.

i think that's enough librarian talk.

"hey, i have a question." i nudged her shoulder with mine as we walked away from the gym.

"yeah?" she turned her head to me while fiddling with her water bottle top, twisting it open and close. i wondered if she felt awkward when it was just me and her alone. i would understand that, but i was also trying my best to keep her at ease.

"it's about your belly button piercing. i caught sight of it and was wondering.." her hands paused and she looked down to her belly button where her piercing was hidden under her shirt.

"you were wondering..?"

"i don't know. just thinking about it in particular." i stretched my arms out behind my head and let out a loose sigh when my muscles were stretched. i noticed her eyes moving over to my arms before looking back down.

"uh, i got it not so long ago and my cousin helped me get it by pretending to be my mom." she said and started to twist the end of her shirt around her finger. "surprisingly, it worked, but i was pretty sure the workers didn't really care."

"aren't you supposed to take it out when playing volleyball?" i lowered my arms back down and had one of them wrap around her shoulders. she leaned against my side and it was like it was the most natural thing.