chapter fifteen

- y/n pov -

"look how cute your hair looks!" i smiled and turned kuroo around. i subconsciously leaned my head back against bokuto and he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"i'm not cute." he mumbled and reached into his bag to pull out a mirror. "i'm hot."

"same thing." i pinched his cheek and he slapped my hand away. "you look absolutely adorable." i cupped his face in my hands and he moved my hands away once more.

"bokuto, control her." he stared at himself at the mirror and reached his hand up to touch the little braid i made in his hair.

"look, there's kenma." bokuto pointed out and called him over. kenma made his way over to us and took the seat next to me. his phone was still in his hand and his attention was still on it. "doesn't he look cute?"

"what?" kenma looked up from his phone and turned his gaze over to kuroo. "oh yeah, sure."

"aw, so kenma thinks i'm cute." kuroo dropped the mirror back into his bag and hoisted himself up onto the chair next to me. bokuto suddenly moved from behind me to sit between me and kuroo. he pushed kuroo aside just to fit between us.

"why don't you just sit on the other side of me?" i asked when he draped his arm around the back of my chair. he didn't answer right away but his arm lifted the slightest bit so it was now on the top of my chair.

"i wanted to sit next to kuroo too!" he didn't look back at me when he answered but looked around the gym instead. "hey, everyone's starting to leave. we should head to gym number three now!" bokuto dragged me up with him while kuroo said bye to kenma.

"are you sure you want me there?" i asked while walking side by side with bokuto.

"yeah! it'll be fun, i promise." he patted my head and let his hand drift down to my shoulder after. "it's only me, akaashi, and kuroo. it'll be fun to have someone else and an even number to play with."

"okay." he pushed open the doors and kept them open while i walked inside. it looked the same as the other gym with the volleyball net set up and everything clean.

"we should stretch while waiting for the other two." he suggested and i nodded.

a few minutes later, akaashi walked into the gym. bokuto was sitting on the floor while bending over to touch his toes while i had my knee on his back to help him. akaashi simply took one look at us before moving to stretch on his own.

"my back is gonna crack, y/n." bokuto wheezed and i laughed before moving my leg off. "hey, that rhymed." he flopped down on his back and laid his arms and legs out like a starfish. "that was so painful, i'm never copying you ever again."

"it's not that painful." i laid down next to him.

"yes it is!"

"whatever you say." i sat up and leaned forward so my fingers were touching the top of my shoes. "see? easy." i boosted and bokuto sent me a glare that was more.. cute than anything else.

"you're just flexible." he sat up with me so our shoulders were brushing against each other.

"i guess so." i took off my glasses and held them in my hand. "so what do you do here exactly?"

"just the usual practice. hitting, receiving, blocking, serving, setting, all that good stuff." he shrugged. "we mostly just come here to hang out with each other."

"hey bokuto, come here." kuroo appeared at the door and we both looked over to him. bokuto stood up and walked over to him while i moved only to put my glasses somewhere where they couldn't be hit by a volleyball.