chapter fourteen

- bokuto pov -

"are they here yet?" i asked kuroo while we looked at the entrance to the school. karasuno was supposed to be getting here at any minute now.

"not yet." i groaned and sat down on the steps. "they'll be here in a couple of minutes, stop being all whiney. you'll get to see your little crush in a bit."

i crossed my arms and leaned back while keeping an eye on the road. my crush. i did not have a crush on y/n. i like being her friend and being around her. not a crush, besides, i'm still waiting for that soulmate of mine to make an appearance in my life.

"are they here yet?" kenma asked while walking up to us with akaashi behind him.

"not yet."

"okay."

"how long has it been?" i brushed my hand through my hair and hoped it didn't look too messy.

"since the last time you asked?" kuroo checked the imaginary watch on his wrist. "not even a minute."

"i think that's them." akaashi pointed out and my eyes immediately went to the bus that was driving through the gates. i ran down the steps and waited for the bus to stop.

"could you be any more excited?" kuroo asked and stood next to me with one hand on his hip. their captain, daichi, i think, was the first one to get off and he started talking to kuroo. kenma found hinata and those two started talking about something that had to do with the sky tree.

"woman, would you wake up already?" the familiar voice of y/n's friend appeared, and then she stumbled out of the bus with another girl in tow.

"y/n! hey!" i made my way over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. she leaned against me and dropped her head to my chest.

"hi bokuto." she said and wrapped one arm around me, her hand stopped at the center of my back before falling back down to her side.

her head turned to the side when kuroo let out his laugh that sounded more than a hyena than a person. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion before turning back to look at me. "that was kuroo?" she asked with a small smile on her face.

"yup, he had a weird laugh." i said and kept my eyes on her while she looked back at kuroo and then up at the stairs where the tall nekoma boy was running down.

"hinata!" lev was running down the stairs. "are you any taller yet?"

"come on, let's go inside the gym." i started walking towards the gym and pull her along with me. she let me lead her there and i practically dragged her with me since she looked like she was on the verge of falling back asleep.

i opened the gym doors and pulled her over to the chairs so she could sit. she sat down and i stayed standing in front of her.

"how was the-" i stopped talking when she slumped forward and leaned her head against my chest. well, my stomach since the height difference.

i stayed quiet and let her stay there while i looked down at her. i'm sure from different angles this position would look very wrong.

but i didn't care. she was tired and sleepy so i let her sleep. on me- on my stomach. i also tried not to breathe too much just in case. if i did, my stomach would be moving too much, possibly waking her up.