Chapter 9

to my loyal reader: pansy123

Amanda

"He will be here in few minutes. He drives like a maniac." Bastian came back quickly from outside.

"I can see that is the family characteristic." I immediately regretted my words when his face became darker.

"Sorry, I should've not said that. It was a joke."

I could see that he wanted to say something, he wanted to talk about how this was his fault.

I could feel the guilt radiating from him and making him feel bad, but he remained silent. In that moment I saw a different Sebastian than I was used to. The one I knew was always in the good mood. Almost always smiling. When we talked in the restaurant, he said a lot about his family. He mentioned his little sister more than few times. They obviously mattered a lot to him. And that made me happy. To know that he I capable of such love.

Now he was... he was like this whole new person. Caring, but distant. He seemed so very far away. Something else bothered him, beside our fall, and I couldn't even guess what that was. I didn't know him well enough.

The whole situation was such a cliché. He, being all dark and moody, and me, wanting to make him feel better.

But I said nothing. I just sat there in the wheelchair, waiting for him to speak up first. I couldn't force him to anything.

"I am sorry for what happened to your brother. I am glad he is well now. Had I known I would've never let you ride. I almost forced you." He looked at me when he talked which was the good sign. Even though he apologized again, some weight have lifted from his shoulders.

"Do I look like you can make me do something I don't want?"

"No", he said, shaking his head, "you don't."

"Good, remember that." Pleased with myself for making a point, I smiled internally.

He looked on his watch, apparently impatient for William to come.

"Do you hate hospitals as well?" I asked him curiously.

"Who likes them? But no, I just wonder where he is. He should have already arrived."

"I forgot to ask you, are you older than William?"

"No, why?" He looked at me questionably.

"When you speak of your siblings you have that tone, I can't explain it, like you are very protective of them."

"I am", he admitted, "but I am the middle child."

"When you called me brother, I thought that the girl is dying. I can see that you are alive and well, Amanda." I heard the deep but somehow melodic voice above me, and I turned my head in that direction.

There stood a man, most definitely carrying the same genes as Bastian. I couldn't exactly tell from my position, but he was not as tall as his brother. He had dark hair as well, but longer, which was not difficult because Bastian's was awfully short. He also looked younger than he should. According to Bastian he was older, which meant thirty or more, but he looked around my brothers age.

The major difference between them were their eyes. Where Bastian had eyes blue as clear sky in the morning, William had dark like ocean in midnight.

"I'm Will." He extended his hand and I took it, not expecting him to bend down and kiss it. How unusual. I was stunned and I giggled. I giggled!

Like a twelve year old girl.