Chapter 12

Amanda

'I see my son still has something in his pretty head", I heard Bastian's mother voice and slowly stepped away from him. I never liked to be touchy feely in public. I glanced her way. It was like a shocker hit me once again. There was nothing too expressive on her face, no classic beauty, but her long black hair high cheekbones and that warm look she had, made her beautiful. And she didn't look a day over thirty.

"Mother, would you like to join us for dinner?" Bastian politely asked, but somehow I knew he wanted her to leave. To be true I wanted that too. I desired him all for myself tonight.

"No honey", she softly said, ""I am going to see Kelly, she didn't sound well over the phone. A frown formed on her face which was enough for Bastian to erupt.

"For god's sake, another one?" He groaned in disbelief." When will she learn?"

He told me last night that Emily really didn't have luck when it comes to love. All her boyfriends wanted one thing from her. She wasn't good with reading their intentions.

"Let her be Sebastian, you have no tight to judge. She is the one who suffers."

"Don't you think I don't know that? That I don't...?" He stopped in the middle of his storm and came closer to her. "I see that mother, better than you think" he said quietly. "Sometimes you act like I am the villain here." That silenced the woman.

"Please Sebastian, stop being a child and call her. She is more attached to you than to any of us. She needs her brother."

"She is the one that act like one." He started rubbing his head with both palms.

And whose fault is that? "She raised an eyebrow. "You always protected her, treated her like she Is little. Now fix it."

"Amanda, dear", she changed her tone from accusing to melodic voice." I am sorry I have to ho. We will talk another time."

"It was very nice to meet you, Mrs. Degremont."

"Please, call me Rose. I already feel so old." She smiled.

"Fine, Rose", I agreed.

When she left we were alone again, and it was little awkward after a moment we shared earlier.

"I should take a look at that wound of yours", he announced.

I sat on the stool in the kitchen so he didn't need to bend a lot. He raised my skirt and I wished he was doing that for other reasons. After he told me he wanted me in his bed I just lost it. He just attracted me so much.

"It's still bad", he said, removing the bandage and cleaning the cut again. I winced at the touch of alcohol on my leg.

"Sorry, it has to be done." He sounded apologetic. He probably still blamed himself.

After he was finished putting new bandage on my leg, I took his hand pulling him to me. I needed him to kiss me. I saw in his eyes that he wanted he same thing. His lips descended to mine and I moaned in absolute bliss. This man knew how to put his tongue into good use. My hands found their way under his shirt. I ran them over the lean muscles on his stomach and chest, and earn a deep moan from him.

His hands were deep in my hair, pulling me closer to him, so close that I could feel his want. In that moment he broke the kiss breathing hard and cursing low.

"We should better go to sleep." He said, but didn't sound so convincing. I liked him for being such a noble gentlemen in the moment, but wanted to scream at him for stopping.

For the next two days, nothing special happened. And by nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. Bastian looked at me like I was going to break if he touches me. I found that he had that nervous habit of pacing the house. We kissed here and then, and in the evenings when we watched films, he tried to stay as far from me as possible. If I didn't see that feral , hungry look in his eyes the other night, I would think that he didn't want me.