Chapter One - Momonga's Arrival

MOMONGA'S POV - JASPER NEVADA

Under the darkened skies of Jasper Nevada, overlooking a wide cliff, a mysterious rune flashed upon the desert and expanded over twelve feet in radius. Bolts of lightning flashed from the magical symbol and scorched the landscape.

A powerful wave of light passed over the desert, knocking out power grids, before a mysterious humanoid appeared within the rune. Slowly, the thick wall of mana vanished from sight whilst forcing the individual to kneel.

There sat a towering Skeleton devoid of skin and flesh. He wore an elaborate, jet black academic gown adorned with golden and violet edges. His whole body was made up of bones, a mystical red orb floating under his ribs that emanated a feeling of dread.

The Skeleton's sockets quickly flourished with life, two crimson points emanating from his hollowed skull as he stared out towards the desert. He eventually reached his hand towards the back of his skull and scrapped his claws against the marrow.

'This....isn't YGGDRASIL'  the Undead pondered as he approached the side of the cliff. He gazed towards the bottom, but found nothing of interest save for a wide expanse of sand and cracked stone. 'What is this place, a beta for YGGDRASIL 2?'

This depurative creature of darkness and despair was Momonga, the Supreme [Overlord] of Ainz Ooal Gown. The Skeleton shook his skull in frustration before fixing his academic gown, ensuring it sat perfectly against his glistening ribcage.

'Well then,'  Momonga contemplated 'I should probably search for a safe zone, keep a low profile for the time being'. The Skeleton thought for a moment before casting [Fly] -a basic 3rd tier spell- and taking off into the sky with his robes fluttering in the wind.

He silently hovered in the air and moved in a random direction, following a nearby dirt road. Using his advanced sight, Momonga continued flying until he finally reached civilisation in the form of a human town. Curious, he located a nearby road sign.

'Jasper Nevada?'  the Overlord questioned as he proceeded towards the small town, an ominous purple glow emanating from his undead form. Suddenly, Momonga's gaze fell towards his form and shifted awkwardly in place. 'These people may not be fond of the Undead...'

With this thought in mind, he decided to cast another YGGDRASYL spell -5th tier [Invisibility]- and hid from the towns' inhabitants; better to be safe than sorry, as his comrades always said.

Momonga started his investigation by listening to people's conversations, followed by nonsensical yelling or standing in front of them to confirm his magic was functioning as intended. After confirming his magical prowess, the Overlord decided to check his spell list.

As a necromancer from YGGDRASIL, Momonga could only learn a total of 300 incantations, However, due to obtaining the [Dark Wisdom] job skill, he managed to increase his spell total to over 700.

'With my large spell list, I should be able to cast [True Illusion]'  Momonga thought as he visualised his many incantations. It wasn't long before he found the spell he needed and swiftly cast it upon his decayed body, formulating the appearance of a human.

Momonga stared down at his now-fleshed hands, his eyes widened in shock at the feeling of blood running through his form. The Overlord was pleasantly surprised by how real his body felt, assuming his magic was more potent in this new world than YGGDRASIL.

"Now then, I just need to find somewhere to stay"  Thinking for a moment, he decided to return to the desert and make a small house using magic. He cast [Teleportation] once more and reappeared at the same cliff, overlooking the beautiful visage of a sunset.

Silence overtook Momonga as he imagined what his comrades would think of this jaw-slacking view. Peroroncino would probably make sly comment whilst reminiscing about his favourite anime novels, his sister BukuBukuChagama slapping him upside the head.

The Overlord could practically hear the voice of TouchMe ranting about the beauty of the rising sun, the insect's armour glistening under its magnificent rays, while Ulbert and Tabula ranted about the corruption of modern society and corporate entities.

Such nostalgic prospects earned a bittersweet chuckle from Momonga; the man hadn't seen any of his friends in over two years, the group likely moving on with their lives and abandoning YGGDRASIL for the sake of the real world.

He understood why they'd leave, but is still hurt to think about.

'Guys...,'  Momonga paused for a moment. A lump was caught in his none-existent throat as he desperately clutched the bone, voice still wavering from the myriad of emotions coursing through his soul.  'I know it's unlikely but...I wish you were all here with me.'

Desperate to rid himself of such painful memories, Momonga turned away from the vibrant sun and tried to focus on constructing his home. Pointing towards a random patch of land, the Undead King utilised a 5th tier spell to summon a bungalow crafted from sandstone and bricks.

 Pointing towards a random patch of land, the Undead King utilised a 5th tier spell to summon a bungalow crafted from sandstone and bricks

He wandered through the front door of his new home and analysed each chamber with great intrigue. Momonga hummed with satisfaction for his newest creation, his eyes flashing a crimson red.  "It's no Great Tomb of Nazarick, but it's still rather comfortable."

Now that he had to lay low, the he started focusing on gathering intel on the world's populace. Based on the humans' inability to see him when casting low-tier invisibility magic, he concluded that most entities in the new world were considerably weak.

'I wonder it this world has Gods and Demon Lords,'  Momonga pondered to himself whilst sitting in a velvet chair he'd summoned, one hand clutching his chin.  'Maybe I could sneak into a local building and collect more information? But where could I-'

Suddenly, the man jumped out of his luxurious seat and snapped open his jaw, spreading his arms outwards as he gazed up towards the sky.  "Of course! If I disguise myself as a high school student, I could watch their lessons myself and learn more about this world's history!"

"Besides,"  Momonga began whilst pacing across the room  "I never received a higher education back home, no better time to learn than the present!"  Suddenly, the Skeleton reactivated his [True Illusion] spell and shifted is body to face the nearby window.

'I want to see everything this world has to offer....'

_______[END OF CHAPTER]_______

A/N: I apologize if this chapter was a little slow and unproductive to the main story, but I wanted to make sure I properly established Momonga's presence in Jasper Nevada.

Also, this story takes a lot of inspiration from another TFP fanfic called "Enter Dante, The Rev-9:" created by DragonLord39. Please go check out their story, it's a really good read!