Chapter Two - A Day At School

MOMONGA'S POV - JASPER HIGH SCHOOL

Almost three days had past since Momonga awoke, and he'd spent that time investigating the local school and figuring out what he was going to do once he arrived. Currently, he was residing at the front of the building in his disguised form.

It was rather easy for Momonga to join the school; due to his nature as a mage, the Skeleton could manipulate the memories of the school principle and forcefully gain access to the building. Of course, he still created fake documents to show the authorities just to be safe.

With everything in place, he summoned a handful of school supplies -including a purple bag- and prepared himself for his fist day at the school. Momonga honestly felt a little nervous entering such a place after all these years in work.

Nevertheless, he procced through the main doors and wandered down a long corridor labelled '1A'. The Overlord readjusted the collar of his shirt before turning a corner, surprised by the sight of a tall male pushing a smaller kid against a set of lockers.

Momonga shifted his gaze to the other side of the hallway and noticed another student wandering through. Her face was buried into her flip-phone, but immediately shot up when she noticed the taller male student picking on the kid.

Her eyes glared daggers into the man's back as she began stomping towards him, a look of pure rage burned into her face. Noticing the situation was about to get out of hand, Momonga stepped towards the girl and moved his arm to block her path.

"What the hell are you doing!?"  the girl yelled in the Undead's face, clearly livid.  "Do you want the kid to get choke slammed!?"  It was painfully obvious this student was disliked by most of the students here, yet no one had the guts to stop him themselves.

"I'll handle it."  was Momonga's only response as he approached the bully and grasped his upper arm tightly, causing him to flinch They shifted their gaze behind them to face the disguised Skeleton, a deep frown decorating their freckled face.

The orange-haired man opened his mouth to speak, most likely planning to insult Momonga before warning him to let go, but all words died in his throat when the Undead effortlessly swung his arm and threw the student against a wall, knocking him out

With the bully dealt with, Momonga shifted his gaze towards the smaller kid and offered his hand. The kid quickly accepted the gesture, mouth still hung open from the display of strength from the 'man' looming over him.

"Are you alright?"  The Skeleton enquired with a hint of concern in his vocals.

"Y-yeah."  The kid nervously replied whilst rubbing his arm, thankful for Momonga's assistance. He continued standing in place before gathering the courage to respond, offering Momonga a nervous introduction. "My name's Raf."

The Overlord stared at Raf in silence before a small grin stretched across his illusioned face.  "It's nice to meet you, Raf. My name's...Suzuki Satoru."  Momonga eventually looked towards the female student from before and motioned towards her.

"So, 'you two ready to head for class?"

"Are you serious!"  The girl yelled back in response, her yellow eyes glistening with awe and wonder for the individual standing before her.  "You just smacked Vince into a wall, and then casually ask my name!? You're so cool!"

Not expecting such genuine praise, Momonga scratched the back of his neck and everted eye contact with the hyperactive girl; the last time anyone offered him appreciation and gratitude was his comrades of Ainz Ooal Gown, long before they left the DMMO-RPG.

Such thoughts caused a wave of anxiety and pain to rush through the disguised Heteromorph, who quickly looked away from both Raf and his friend to avoid unnecessary attention.  'Dammit...I really need to let the past go.'