Chapter Twelve - Speed Metal

CURRENTLY - AINZ' HOME

The Overlord of Death was currently experimenting with his magic, attempting to research the nature of summons and their potential for growth. He released a tired breath as his [Death Knight] swung its rusted blade towards the chosen target -- a Level 20 [Skeleton Mage].

Ainz had been watching the two monsters for over three hours, and unfortunately, the results were not favourable. He decided to push the [Death Knight] to attack with a little more ferocity, as he believed the increased damage would quicken the experiment. However, the results were the same as before, and he eventually unsummoned it.

"This is going nowhere."  Ainz complained.

He raised a hand and prepared to cast another tiered spell, when he received a [Message] spell from one of his [Elder Lich] summons. Ainz paused in surprise before raising two fingers against the side of his skull and answering the call.

"What is it?"  Ainz demanded in anger.

"My lord, the Autobot known as Arcee has arrived outside your abode. What is your command?"  The [Elder Lich] asked with a strained, regal voice. His summon's report earned Ainz' curiosity, and he decided to search outside.

"Remain in place. I shall investigate."  Ainz ordered as he ended the [Message] and cast [Teleportation] to appear one floor above, in the main room where the front door was located. The Overlord used his illusioned form and answered the door, revealing the ever-mentioned blue Femme in her motorcycle form waiting outside for him.

"Took you a while."  She commented.

Ainz waved a hand dismissively.  "There was an errand I had to run before preparing for the day. I apologise."  He explained / lied before approaching Arcee's vehicle and hopped on, grabbing the metal handlebars on each side.

As the two partners set off towards the Autobot Base, they began speaking about whatever interesting topic entered their minds. Somehow, Arcee ended up explaining how a Cybertronian could produce children (Sparklings) without the need to have specific Femme components. Although he felt somewhat uncomfortable learning such data, Ainz decided to open his notebook and make notes.

They arrived at the base a few minutes later. Ainz jumped off Arcee and began reading through his notes. The Femme released a low chuckle before transforming into her robot mode, approaching her illusioned partner. She lowered herself down and began reading through his notes for fun.

"You've learned a lot about us."  Arcee commented.

Ainz merely nodded.  "It's useful to learn about those you work alongside, otherwise you can't provide assistance should something go wrong."  His explanation earned a bright smile from Arcee as she offered to provide him with more useful data for his research.

"I can help you later, but I need to get a quick refill."  She explained before wandering in the opposite direction. The Overlord assumed she was referring to Energon, as their species required such elements to continue living, so he took it upon himself to search the Missile Silo for someone else to speak with regarding Cybertronian anatomy.

Ainz wandered through the silo before he heard voices in the main room. Intrigued, he cast [Invisibility] and [Fly] on himself before traversing the air, careful to avoid the different pipes and wiring that decorated the base walls. Proceeding through the halls, Ainz hovered around until the human children came into view from the main ramp.

The Overlord watched Miko speaking to Jack with a look of excitement decorating her face. Raf joined them moments later, approaching from behind, and readjusted his glasses before joining in the conversation. Ainz' enhanced hearing allowed him to understand them from such a big distance.