Chapter Eleven - Deus Ex Machina

CURRENTLY - IN THE AUTOBOT BASE

Momonga was sitting beside Jack, once again reading through his notes on Cybertronian anatomy, and listening to the dark-haired teen rant about his personal issues with high school and girls. The conversation wasn't interesting, however, Momonga decided to be polite and offer his ear.

Optimus, Arcee, and Elita were currently scouting the area for energon signatures. Meanwhile, Bumblebee was having a day out with Raf and enjoying the heat of Jasper Nevada. This left the disguised Overlord and high school teenager alone with Ratchet. Naturally, the doctor wasn't talkative.

Jack was about to continue his high school story when the green frame of Bulkhead pulled into the Autobot Silo, Miko sitting happily in the driver seat. Momonga noticed the evil and mischievous grin stretching across her face, and knew that the girl had done something she shouldn't have.

The undead glanced at Jack before approaching the railing to watch Miko exit Bulkhead's car mode. As she revealed herself, a loud groan escaped from her lips as she turned around and waved a finger towards Bulkhead's form.

"Ugh! You sound just like my parents."  Miko complained as she wandered towards the nearby platform, earning looks of knowing disappointment from both Jack and Momonga.

Bulkhead looked at Miko.  "Aren't they Japanese?"

"They may speak a different language, but you say  the same things!"  Miko retorted as she climbed the stairs.

"Because we want the best for you!"  Bulkhead said as he followed beside her.  "And that means making sure you go to school, not jail!"  

The green Mech's words earned curious looks from Jack and Momonga as they leaned forward.  "Uh-oh. What did you do?"  Jack teased with a knowing smile on his face.

Miko scratched the back of her head sheepishly.  "I may have ditched detention."  She confessed to Jack, who stared at her with a disappointed glint in his brown eyes.

Momonga opened his mouth to respond, and chastise her, but Miko was saved by the sound of an alert echoing inside the Autobot Silo. He looked towards the screen and began analysing the data. Ratchet continued typing on the large computer before turning around to face everyone.

"I'm detecting a fresh Energon pulse from the nation called Greece."  Ratchet explained briefly.  "An ancient city. Quite historic, I believed. We should investigate further..."

"Ancient Greece, huh?"  Bulkhead asked in thought. There was a moment of silence before his optics brightened with reinvigoration and passion.  "Oh! Field trip!"  He said and raised both arms into the air with excitement.

"Oh, great..."  Momonga and Ratchet complained.

TIMESKIP - AUTOBOT BASE

Ratchet used the Groundbridge to send Bulkhead and Miko to ancient Greece, where they would search for Energon. Moments later, Bumblebee and Raf returned from their trip through the desert. Jack and Raf eventually left to watch tv and chat, which gave Momonga an opportunity to begin planning his next move without worrying about the others.

As Ratchet and Bumblebee left for a routine inspection of the rookie's physical health, Momonga cast [Invisibility] to sneak away from the scene. He moved behind one of the metallic frames of the computers and summoned a [Gate].

Momonga called a [Cybertronian Zombie] through the portal and mentally commanded it to search through each of Ratchet's computers. He needed to know more about the Autobots, their plans and Energon resources, and the most efficient method was to access their personal data. It was definitely a breach of trust, but he cared very little.