Chapter Ten - Convoy

CURRENTLY - IN THE AUTOBOT BASE

Momonga and the kids were relaxing in the Autobot base, the former deciding to expand on his notes regarding Cybertronians and their technology, while the Autobots were busy performing different tasks within the large silo.

Ever since he gathered humans for experiments, Momonga had made plenty of advancements in his summons and biology studies. Although he occasionally wondered how the others would react to his work, most notably his 'guardian'.

Although he didn't care what many thought about his experiments, he wanted to remain on good terms with the Autobots; they were clearly the best choice for Momonga in regards to wide acceptance in the scenario that his true identity is exposed. Cybertronians like Arcee were more likely to forgive.

He quickly re-focused when Agent Fowler's voice called over the comm.  "Prime!"  He shouted.

Everyone watched as Ratchet approached the communicator and activated the screen, moments before Fowler yelled out to demand Optimus' presence. The towering Autobot stood beside Ratchet with a neutral expression.

"Special Agent Fowler,"  Optimus acknowledged.  "To what do we owe the pleasure--"

"What else? Cons!"  Fowler interrupted.  "I chased them off with some hard ordinates, but not before they blew me out of the sky!" He said to the Autobots with annoyance.

"Wow, again?"  Miko joked.

Momonga released an amused chuckle, finding humour in Miko's cold insults, although he instantly stopped when Arcee offered him a side glare. A warning to stop encouraging the girl if he didn't want to receive a harsh punishment.

"They tried to smash and grab for the D.N.G.S,"  Fowler said and ignored Miko's comment.

"The whatsit?"  Arcee asked in confusion. The Overlord tilted his head in agreement, although he was noticeably more interested in learning what the D.N.G.S actually was. His guardian only wanted to know for the important information.

"Dynamic Nuclear Generation System,"  Fowler explained alongside a dated picture of a strange metal box that was strapped down with thick struts. "Aka: D.N.G.S. It's a prototype energy source I'm transporting to the coast for testing."

Ratchet frowned at the screen and scoffed.  "That's absurd."  he said with immense dismissal.  "Why would Starscream bother with such primitive technology?"

"I'm guessing to make a big bad primitive weapon of mass destruction,"  Fowler replied over the comm.  "If this thing were to meltdown, it would irradiate this state and the four next door."

This earned the attention of Momonga, who began writing in his book regarding the D.N.G.S and 'theoretical' uses for such a powerful military weapon. Of course, he planned to use such an item for his own personal use at some point.

Fowler continued,  "I'm a sitting duck here, Prime. I need you to spin up a bridge and send the D.N.G.S through to its destination before the Cons come back for it."

"I'm afraid that sending such a volatile device through a Groundbridge is out of the question,"  Optimus asserted.  "If there were to be an accident during transmission, the radiation of which you speak of could propagate through the Groundbridge vortex..."  He paused,  "and harm all fifty states and beyond."

The human nodded.  "You goy any better ideas?"

"Can't the military just move it?"  Momonga questioned. Everyone turned to look at him, so he clarified.  "They should have plans in place for these occasions."

Optimus stared at him for a moment.  "Suzuki's words hold some truth. We could follow similar precautions and provide assistance against the Decepticon threat."