Knight In Shining White Armor (Damian x Anya)

This was a request from Muichiros_Katana My first ever request!!! Without further ado, onto the story!!!

*******************************************************************

Damian Desmond was the son of Donovan Desmond, the chairman of the National Unity Party. He was rich, handsome, and had a good reputation.

He would always be the better pick.

Then why was the commoner girl refusing to hang out with him?

Damian stared, no, glared at the pink-haired girl who was currently talking with another classmate. To be more specific, another commoner boy who was every bit inferior to him.

He had mediocre grades, a mediocre face, mediocre parents, and a commoner background.

So why? Why was she with him?

Damian groaned in frustration. Pulling at his perfect hair and mumbling to himself.

"Why does it even matter anyway? She's just a commoner girl..."

Satisfied with his thoughts, he swiftly turned on his heel and walked in the opposite direction of where Anya stood.

Little did he know that the 'commoner girl' was an esper with the ability to read minds.

Anya shook her head unconsciously. Damian was always like that. Insulting people with the words commoner and such. Like money ever mattered in a friendship. And he wondered why she didn't hang out with him.

"Anya! Pay attention!" Theo, the kid Anya was hanging out with, exclaimed, "If you want to understand fractions you can't get distracted."

"Fine..." Anya sighed, "Show me what to do."

***********************************************************************************************

"So do you understand now? Do you understand fractions?" Theo asked Anya in a tired tone.

"What's a fraction?" Anya replied in an equally tired tone.

"UGHHHHHH. This was a major waste of my time!"

Why does Damian like this stupid idiot? I only wasted my time because I thought I would get on his good side, but why is he avoiding me? Theo reached out to run a hand through his hair but refrained from doing so. That would mess up the perfect hairstyle that his mother had made for him this morning. This is all her fault. If only Anya was smarter.

"Forget it," Theo sighed frustrated, "You're hopeless. Maybe go to another school. You can't think of getting through Eden Academy with smarts like this."

"But... My father..." Anya's lip trembled.

"Grow up! If you're only here because of your father, what's the point of coming?" Theo burst, "I guess he's as stupid as his daughter if he thinks that you can do good in this school. You're a dumb piece of trash that takes twice as much as a normal person to understand simple mathematics."

Anya's figure trembled as Theo continued to yell at her. She was used to this. She could handle it. She wouldn't let it bother her anymore. Anya's hand grasped at her school uniform as a memory overtook her.

Anya's hand trembled as she heard the scientists yell and scream at her.

"You're such a stupid experiment! We should've chosen a smarter girl! The only reason you have your powers right now is because of US!!! So why can't you use it correctly! Why can't you control it! You stupid Bi-"

"ANYA! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!? DO YOU EVEN WANT MY HELP?!?" Theo yelled at her again.

"I'm sorry..." Anya cried silently, "I'm sorry..."

"You better be! I just wasted my entire afternoon trying to teach you simple mathematics. AND YOU DIDN'T LEARN ANY OF IT! No one can teach you this you dumb idiot. If someone can, they're a miracle."

"What did you say to Anya?"

"Huh?"

Anya's head turned towards a defiant Damian with his hands crossed over his chest. Unlike what she thought, his face was unnaturally calm, as if he put a plastic mask to hide his feelings. It didn't help the murderous energy surrounding him though, and Anya, as strange as it was, felt safe with him there.

"I said, what did you say to Anya?" Damian's voice was a low whisper.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean." Theo stuttered nervously.

"I think you did. Nobody would unintentionally call someone stupid, dumb, or idiotic 2 times. If there was someone who did that I would recommend them to a doctor immediately. I think there might be something wrong with their head."

Unlike the calm demeanor that Damian put on, his mind was a mess. HOW DARE HE! I LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR 1 DAY, 1 DAY!! HE HAS NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT. HE'S NOT EVEN THAT SMART HIMSELF!! SUCH A DUMB BASTARD!

"I will give you exactly 10 seconds to start your explanation. If you find yourself unwilling to say anything, ScRaM."

"I'm.... I'M SORRY SIRRRRRRR!!!" Theo ran off with equally racing thoughts. DAMNIT IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY!!

Damian sighed and turned to Anya. He glanced at her sorry form, tear stained cheeks, snot all over her face, and her shoulder's hunched over as if she just got a beating.

"Are... you alright?" He asked tenderly, unexpectedly showing a soft side to her.

Anya didn't reply and continued to cry. Desperately wiping at her tears over her fresh trauma break. She was trying to stop crying so that Damian didn't think of her as stupid. Then the mission would be-

"Here."

She felt warm hands take hers and place a silky smooth cloth in her hands. Looking down, she saw a white handkerchief with a embroidered golden letter, the letter 'D'.

"Think of it as a repayment for the handkerchief you gave me," Damian said hurriedly, "Not like I brought it just for this-"

"You remembered?" Anya asked, finally able to speak.

"Well yeah, I'm still indebted with you. After all I didn't get a thunderbolt because of that..."

Damian awkwardly looked down at his hands. Anya ran her fingers over the fabric of the handkerchief. It was a much more expensive type of silk than the handkerchief she gave him, a more sophisticated style, but it was nice nonetheless.

"Thank you..." Anya mumbled, and for the first time, she didn't need to read minds to find out what he was thinking.

"You're welcome. And don't worry about him, he's a dumb guy anyway." Damian said, referring back to Theo.

"Yeah, I know..."

"And if you needed help, you could always ask me," Damian blurted out. Wow, what are you saying? "I'm not the first in the class for nothing. I can help you out, with mathematics especially."

Anya giggled, "Ok! Then help me please!"

"B-but it won't come for free!!!" Damian attempted to save his broken pride, "You have to do things for me too!"

"What would you want?" Anya cocked her head to the side.

A kiss. "I'll think about it later."

Anya's face went red as Damian stepped away towards his minions behind him. She was embarrassed and flustered, but it wasn't a bad feeling. She wouldn't mind kissing him. Damian was, after all, her knight in shining white armor.