The Same (Yor x Loid)

This was a request by @TorshaSammy . For background information, Yor and Loid switched jobs but Anya is still the same.

I had so much fun writing this story! It will be like they don't know why but they seem to "remember" each other.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Twilight, we have another client."

"I understand. Who?"

"The prime minister is expecting a quick and swift delivery on Room 607 of the Royal Tank Hotel."

"Alright, I will head there this instance."

CLICK

Twilight always went through the same ordeal. Check his weapons, make his way to the delivery spot, encounter the client...

Kill on spot.

The repeated action of loading his gun and pulling the trigger had him doing it even in his sleep. Blood splatters and ruined clothes bothered him no longer.

This was his life now. His life as an assassin.

"Twilight, good work today," Handler said with a monotone voice, "That would be your 20th assassination this month. You will be paid accordingly."

"Thank you," Twilight replied, his posture still stiff as a board. He had killed 20 people this month. 20. That was 1 more than last month.

He was slowly becoming a monster.

He turned on his heel and walked away from the WISE headquarters. Heading to his little one room apartment with bland colors. He could only hope his life would change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetie."

Thorn Princess' silverware clinked against her plate. She glanced up uninterestedly towards the man in front of her.

"Hmm?"

"I have something to tell you..."

Thorn Princess knew what was coming next. She had seen it multiple times in her spy work. The man would kneel down on one knee...

He knelt down.

Say the following words, I know that I am not worthy of your love...

"I know that your love is far too great for me to receive..."

But you make me the happiest man alive...

"But you make me the happiest man alive."

Every moment spent with you is sweet...

"Every moment spent with you is as sweet as the nectar from a rose..."

And I want to make you happy too...

"And I want to duplicate my happiness to you..."

Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?

"Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?!"

Ahh, here it was again. The same situation. The entirety of the restaurant looked at us expectantly, hoping that I would say yes. Unfortunately, the man's role as my lover was over. I would have no benefit in keeping my relationship with him.

"No."

"Huh?"

"No."

"What, why?"