Chapter Sixteen

"Another two laps! You boys need to hustle you're slower than molasses out there. Jackson I'm talking to you, my grandma runs faster than you at six feet under you hear me!? Don't think I forgot about my wine last week, let's move!" The coach yelled with a blow of his his whistle as we all stood heaving on the track. We've already done five laps this afternoon and it was quickly turning into nightfall signaling practice was ending soon.

"Next time don't drink his damn wine jackass." Tyson grunted out between breathes.

"It wasn't my idea!"

"Your fault Oli is innocent." Scott huffed as the three of us groaned in sync but started to run again beside each other.

Not soon enough practice ended and as normal we all showered and started to change in the locker room that smelled of musk and dirty gym socks but by now I was use to smell. Some guys clapped others on the backs as the sound of chatter spread out across them.

"Jackson are you going to Rebecca's party tomorrow?" Chase spoke from behind me.

"He's going." Tyson decided for me as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked up slightly to shoot him a glare as I sighed.

"Guess I am now."

"Bring that girlfriend of yours man." Sebastian hollered from down the rows of red lockers, a towel supported around his waist.

"Don't talk about my girlfriend Seb." I shot back, throwing a shirt over my head slipping out of Tyson's shoulder grip. Sebastian raised his hands in surrender with a chuckle as I nudged my head toward the door. Tyson and Scott took the hint as we made our way out of the locker room.

I made sure to avoid the art wing. I knew Oliver would be there. I didn't know what to say to him let alone if I should at all so I took the easy way out and avoided him all week. I was growing a headache with the amount of time I was spending with summer and her cheer goons just to not have the urge to walk up to him and apologize.

"Okay I'm done." Scott huffed as he stopped outside the school doors with his arms crossed. "You've been avoiding Oliver. I may be slow to catch onto things but I'm not stupid. You guys not friends anymore or what?"

Tyson and I shot a knowing look at each other as I flinched slightly. I told him right after in the car of what happened. What was I suppose to do though? I cheated on my girlfriend- twice- I wasn't anything with Oliver but we've kissed, twice, and it scared the shit out of me how I was turned on by a guy. I didn't know what all of this meant.

Did I like guys? Was I gay? No, maybe I was bisexual because I've been turned on by plenty of women. Was it just Oliver? What if I'm only questioning my sexuality because no other guy had kissed me before and I really actually just wasn't into men and was losing my mind because I haven't had sex in months? In the end I cheated on summer and I knew what I wanted with her the moment we established our relationship and I broke her trust, not that she knows it yet.

Did I even want a relationship with Oliver? I would go to D-1 school for football and he would no doubt go to an art school. We were in opposite fields let alone different in every aspect. I had friends he only had us. I was social, he isn't. My dads homophobic and his isn't. I don't even want to think about my dads reaction if I was bisexual or gay or whatever the hell I was.

"I'm not avoiding him." I muttered, lifting the strap of my bag slightly from my shoulder.

Scott's expression turned to a flat one as he raised an eyebrow. "So now you're lying to me? Wow okay." He nodded his head more to himself as he shuffled past the two of us.

"Common Scott." Tyson began to protest as I sighed grabbing onto his forearm to drag him to meet Scott's fast pace.

"Scott dude I'm sorry it's just.." I trailed off and in return he just huffed, grabbing his Jeep keys from his pocket to unlock his car.