Chapter 2: Inexplicable

The moon shone brightly on her face despite the dark night.

Aviona believes that if she ends her life on the bridge, everything will come to an end

Aviona believes that if she ends her life on the bridge, everything will come to an end. Time and day return to normal the instant she wakes up in her bed. She was completely unaware of what was going on. She simply assumes it was all a dream. A bizarre dream with unusual events she can't understand.

“You?” Aviona's eyes widened when she noticed Calix, her brother, smiling strangely at her. After all, the terrifying emotion on her face vanished for a brief instant when she saw her brother's face.

“Yes, sis.” Calix's cat eyes appeared cutely to his sister. “What is that? Is that a compact mirror?” Calix laughed at what he saw on his sister's hand.

Aviona gave her brother a smirking and furious look. She is enraged because her brother laughed at her, and her brother gives her a serious look after noticing that she is feeling angry.

“I assumed you were a thief in the house. You know, your voice isn't familiar,” Aviona said to her brother, who was still holding back his dying laughs.

“But why, of all the things in your room, why that compact mirror? You can't defend yourself.” Calix appeared to burst out laughing, but he restrained himself because he knew he'd be dead the moment he laughed at his sister's angry expression.

Aviona observed her brother controlling his laughter, but she ignored it and focused on other things, imagining that she would punch her brother and make him stop laughing. “What happened to your voice?” Aviona asked her brother, a serious expression on her face. “What is the cause of your hoarseness? I mistaken you for someone else.” she added.

“I have no idea.”

“Did you scream last night or something?”

“Sis, no. I went to bed early last night and haven't been able to bear the discomfort since this morning. You know, I looked everywhere for the cause of this, but there was nothing. It's strange.”

“Yeah. Strange.”

“It is.”

“Does Mom know?”

“Yes. She is the first to find out. She said she's busy preparing your birthday downstairs, so I'll take some medicines from you to relieve my throat pain if you have.” Calix started to hold his throat for a while while talking to his sister.

Aviona begins to be concerned about her brother. She hurriedly gave pain killers to him. It's strange that her brother's voice changed without any apparent reason.

“Thank you, sis. I'll just wait downstairs for you. Your boyfriend is also waiting your appearance. Bye!”

Aviona waves a hand at Calix, still perplexed by her brother's actions regarding her boyfriend. She just believes it's a joke because Aviona isn't the type of girl who enjoys having boys in her life.

When Aviona closes the door, something catches her eye. It's a watch. A gold watch. She grabs it from the floor. She assumed it was from her brother, so she yelled to him, who was frantically running downstairs.

"Wait, Cal— you left your watch.”

Calix didn't hear her since he was rushing down the stairs. Aviona begins to examine the gold watch. It appears to be a unique watch. She had never seen anything like it before. It's one-of-a-kind.

“It's really beautiful. What happens if I wear it on my wrist?” Aviona tried on the watch and immediately liked it since without a doubt, suited her well. “It's a perfect fit for me. I'm thinking I'll just give it to my brother or steal it from him. It's so gorgeous.” She began to ponder and converse with herself.

Aviona was getting ready for her birthday. She wore a great, flattering dress. It's a red dress, which signifies her birthday. Her shoes glistened like stars, and she wore light make-up. When she finally gets her phone, she discovers that she has 30 missed calls from her boyfriend.

“My Baby has missed 30 calls... What?” When Aviona saw that, her eyes widened.

“My baby?”