Chapter 4: Not True

"El. Have you noticed that?"

"The what?"

"I noticed her hand moving."

"Are you certain of what you're seeing?"

"I am certain."

"Avi..?"

"Aviona

"Aviona.. Are you able to hear what we're saying? I noticed the movement of your hand. Please, wake up. We are really missing you."

"Phae, call Aunt Midori and Uncle Draven on the phone. Avi's hand was finally moving, tell them."

"O-okay, wait."

Aviona's two best friends are Phaedra and Eloise

Aviona's two best friends are Phaedra and Eloise. It is impossible to separate the three of them. They've always been there for each other, sharing secrets and school crushes, sharing food during recess, and going home together after school.

Despite all of their secrets, Aviona keeps some to herself since she doesn't want anyone to be bothered by her pain. Aviona feels she can handle everything on her own, despite the fact that she is dying.

"El, I believe auntie and uncle are currently busy. They're not answering my calls."

"Okay. Let's just call them about this good news later."

"Yeah. I am relieved to know that our beloved Avi is making real progress."

"I'm confident she'll wake up sooner so the three of us can enjoy another picnic."

"I missed that. I'm not sure how long we've been expecting Aviona to wake up."

Phaedra and Eloise exchanged smiles and seemed as if they were about to cry, but they managed to keep it together.

"Hey there, Eloise! I noticed you crying over there."

"No, I'm not. I'm not a baby who cries."

"Really, what's the matter with your eyes? Is that a drop of blood?"

"Gosh. Blood...?" Eloise rubbed her eyes and checked her fingers to see if there was any blood, but there was none. "Who do you want to fool? It's not blood, it's tears."

"So you're saying it's tears, not blood? GOT YAH!" Phaedra began to chuckle as she looked at Eloise, who was now furious with her.

"Are you finished laughing yet?"

"No. I'm not."

"Okay. I'm leaving now. I need to get somewhere important. Aviona must always be cared for. Bye."

"Wait, Eli. I'm joking. Please don't leave me here..."

When Eloise walked out, the door slammed shut noisily.

Gosh. That woman has a quick temper.

The only people in the room right now are Phaedra and Aviona. Phaedra was just sitting next to Aviona, reminiscing about their shared memories.

"Avi.. The sun is shining brightly today, you know. Every time I see the sun, I have hope that you will wake soon. I'm looking forward to the moment you wake up. I missed our bond with Eloise. I hope you wake up today..." Phaedra has a lot of things she wants to say to her best friend, but her waking power can't keep up with her sleepiness, so she takes a brief snooze and...

"Phae?"