Chapter 10: Novaturient

Finally, on a pleasant subsequent day, Aviona is permitted to leave the hospital.

“Welcome home, sis!” Calix tapped his sister on the shoulder and grinned eagerly, but Aviona was still speechless at how their home currently looked.

Is this actually our home? There have been numerous adjustments, and it appears different.

“Avi, come in quickly!” Aviona's mother smiled coyly and took Aviona's hand. “I made a lunch.”

The house's color has changed, and the picture frames that once hung on the walls no longer do. There are a ton of unopened packages outside. Even the dining room table and our modest TV are transformed into huge screens.
There have been so many changes, and how are they able to purchase everything when I'm in the hospital?

“Cala..”

“Hmm..?” Calantha has been occupied with video games and has only given her mother a passing glance.

“From now on, you will start sleeping in the same room as your sister Aviona.”

“W-H-A-T?!” Calantha, who had been playing for a while, stopped and gave her mother an angry look.

“Mom, but.. you know..” Calantha stomped her feet a certain number of times like a young child who missed out on her favorite food at the store.

“No ifs or buts, Cala.”

“FINE!” Cala is stomping and glaring at me angrily as she leaves the house.

“Mom. What happened to my room? Why am I staying in Cala's room to sleep?” Aviona questioned.

"Your room is now used as a storage space. You can go to sleep there after we're done. You will currently sleep in Calantha's room.”

I feel like I've already left this household since it's so strange that they use my room as a storage space. Did they wish for me to be gone? Are they feigning happiness that I'm awakening, or something more? I can't help but think because I have so many thoughts running through my head.

“I can sleep here in the living room. Cala might not feel comfortable sleeping with me.”

“No. Avi, it's alright. You are better off within the room.”

“But mom.. Cala..”

“Sis, don't worry about Cala. She'll get used to it.” Calix said.

“Okay, okay, now, let's have a lunch. I cooked some food just for you, Avi. We want to celebrate you waking up. You don't know how much we worried about you. For now, we still don't know why you did that, but let's just forget about it. The important thing is we are now complete.” Aviona's mother smiled at everyone while slowly serving the food. 

“Where's Calantha?” Aviona's father asked. 

Dad has since continued to inquire about Calantha's whereabouts. It is, of course, his favorite child. Calix, however, will always remain my mother's favorite. And who will choose me as their favorite. In this family, I am a nobody.

“She needs some alone time. Just give her some space for a while. She'll return after getting some fresh air.”

If there is a problem, we never discuss it in this family; we just wait till the next day when everything will be well and we can reunite. My family isn't the type to take the effort to figure out what the problem is. See how it turned out for me.

After that, six hours have passed, and Calantha is still nowhere to be found.

“Cala hasn't returned yet, and it's already six o'clock.” Aviona appeared worried about her sister.

"Have you given her a call yet? Calix replied.

“She gave no responses to any of mine.”

“Mine, too. It continues to ring.”

“She truly despises me? I just can't fathom why she despises me so much. We were okay before.”

“I know.  Before, she wasn't like that. She may be astonished by what you do because of that evening. Like her, sis, I am in shock at what occurred. Calix embraced his sister and sobbed a little, “I'm delighted you're still here.”

“I'm sorry, Cal, for bringing our family so much suffering.”

“No, sis. I understand you. I am aware that you are experiencing pain within that you have not shared with anyone even with me. However, I'm always available if you need to talk. Please refrain from doing that again. I don't want to lose a sister.”

“I won't do that again, Cal. I'll keep my word.”

“Really? Could we then make a pinky promise?”

Aviona smiles, “Okay.”

“Here.”

“Pinky Promise!”

“Pinky Promise!”

“I miss you, sis.”

“The same goes for me, Cal.”

Calantha returns to his house at precisely 7 o'clock in the evening.

“Oh. Is that Calantha?”

“For what my bright eyes, yeah, Calantha!” Calix widens his eyes in a giddy manner.

What did she do for 7 hours before she arrived back at exactly 7?

“Hey, Calantha! Where did you go?”

“What do you think? Huh?” Calantha rolled her eyes at Calix, who was still wide-eyed.

“Tchh! Let's go and ask Calantha where she went, sis.”

Aviona just nodded with a bewildered expression.

“Oh okay.”

When Aviona finally got up, she had some lightheadedness. Everything appears to be hazy. Shouting, noise cracking, and loud hammering are audible inside the house.

Aviona collapses.

“Aviona.”

“Help!”

“Can anyone come help?”

“I think she passed out.”

“What should we do?”

“I'm not sure.”

Someone unexpectedly enters the scene and says, “Check to see whether she's still breathing or if she has a pulse.”

Calix's voice trembles as he says, “She's not breathing.”

“Can you give CPR?” The stranger questioned.

“I have no idea how.”

“Okay. I shall be performing CPR, so everyone please move out of the way.”

“Bu-but.. who are you?” Calix touched the other person's shoulder.

“When I'm done with this, I'll introduce myself.”

When the stranger performs CPR, Aviona eventually regains consciousness.

Who's this person in front of me?