Chapter 9: Erase

I'll tell you everything, Avi. Just open the letter... open the letter... the letter... the letter... the letter...

Aviona wakes up with a strange dream once again. She is sweating. She wipes her hands on her face. Her hands are shivering. After that, she hugs her knees and cries.

Without her noticing, her family were in the room, sleeping and now awake as they heard Aviona's loud cry.

I don't know what my dream is and what is not. My dream felt so real that I just don't understand. 

"Avi.. it's me.. your mom." A soft voice and a soft hand tapping her back. 

Aviona, who is crying, suddenly stops crying and slowly lifts her head to see the one who is talking. 

"Mom?" 

"Yes? It's me, your mom."

"Why are you here?" Aviona asked her mom while rubbing her eyes. 

"We got a call that you finally woke up." You know how much we are worried about you. "Knowing that you are awake gives us hope." 

Aviona looks at her mother's eyes. She looks at them to see the sincerity of what she's saying.

"Hey, sis!" Calix, her younger brother, smiled at him, hugged him, and said, "I miss you so much." 

Aviona is looking around to see where her dad and her younger sister are, but it seems like they are not here. 

"Where's Dad and Calantha?" Aviona asked her mom. 

"They are downstairs getting some food for you to eat for breakfast." Her mother replied. 

Aviona just smiled slightly after hearing what her mom said, and it took her attention away from the watch that her brother used. 

"Cali.." 

"Yes sis?"

"Your watch, where did you get that?" 

"Oh this?" Calix pointed his watch at his sister.

“Yes, where did you get that? It seems so familiar." Aviona can't stop looking at her brother's watch.

"I just bought this last week.. oh why is it familiar to you? You're just awake, right?” Calix is shocked by what his sister is saying.

"I think I'm just seeing things.That watch looks like I've seen it before. I don't know where or when, but I'm sure that I already saw it."

"Anyway, sis, there are so many things that happened when you weren't awake. We have a new neighbor. He's so weird. His name is Astennu. I don't know if it's his name. I just heard it from my friend, Maverick." Calix put her hands on his chin and posed like he was thinking of something. 

"Astennu?" 

"Yes.. do you know him?" Calix started to widen her eyes. 

"No. But his name is very familiar. Aviona, on the other hand, looks down and as if she's thinking so hard.

"Yeah, I think so too! You know what last night." 

"Shut up, Cali. Don't add up and say some nonsense things to your sister." Their mother feiry eyes has stopped Calix to say anything to her sister.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sis. I'll just tell you everything once you fully recover." Calix started to pout his lips and sigh.

After a minute, Calix's father and Calantha suddenly appeared. They have so many food they brought for breakfast. Calantha just looking at her older sister and didn't say anything nor she didn't smile.