Part 7

A/N: this chapter is kinda random, i sorta just made it because i wasn't sure what else to do, but i dunno character development ig??

enjoy!

I'm in my room. The power went out not even an hour ago. After I got back from the lab, I was reading a book in my room when the power went out.

Darkness.

This feels like a nightmare. Like the ones that make me shake and cry, and wish that I could be hugged. But I'm alone. There's no one here to help me and make me feel better, there's no one here to lift me up, out of the darkness. I feel like I'm drowning. I have an awful fear of the dark, as you can tell, but it's not so much of the darkness, but more of what could be in it. I get up in an attempt to walk away from the darkness, and out of my room. The halls are dark and so are all the other rooms. I keep walking down the hall, and I pass the lab where my sister was.

It's empty.

I keep walking and I pass Overhaul's room.

Empty again.

My mind is swirling, my thoughts are all over the place. I fall to the ground, my body weak and covered in sweat. My body is shaking. My hands are shaking. I lie on the cold floor, and it smells like bleach, a smell I have grown accustomed to. The ground is cold and soothing, and reminds me of Kai, which calms me down, but still has my nerves shaking.

Then the lights switch on.

And all my fears go away. I continue to lie on the cold floor, all my emotions drifting away, until I fall into a deep sleep.

Dusk POV

I wake up to a jar on the table next to me. Overhaul was only able to fill it half way up with the goop. Gross. Two of Overhaul's workers come into the room and escort me back to my room. I will stay there for a while. I don't know what time it is. It never mattered. I wonder where hana is, maybe spying, maybe just training. Overhaul probably freed the rest of the day to test the goo from my eye. I zone out for a while just wondering if I'll ever be free, a normal thought. It was probably night when this happened but the lights went out. I jump, scared but not surprised. I assume that the place we live at is kinda run down. I know that we are underground but I don't know what it looks like above the base. Anyways, I wasn't scared for long as my eyes quickly adjusted. After all, I can see in the dark. One of my quirks is Cat. I have a tail, ears and my finger nails are sharp and thin. My eye works like an cats as well, allowing me to see in the dark. I realise that hana is kinda scared of the dark. She was with me a few years ago, I think, when the lights went out. She got kinda scared and sweaty, which surprised me at first but I ended up understanding her in the end. I hear a door open. A door really close by which could only mean that one of the experiments was escaping. "How, why, are they really this stupid" is all i could think. Footsteps run past me. They came from the door and... they sounded really small. I overheard a conversation with overhaul once that he had gotten an eight year old girl. It must be her I thought and prayed she made it out safely. The lights turn back on and I hear overhaul yell " I think I know where she went, stay here". The rest was a blur, I tend to zone out a lot. All I know is that they did eventually get her back, really sad.

Hana POV

I woke up in a warm bed. The blankets fall around me like walls, fuzzy and warm. I cuddle into them more, wishing to never wake up. I roll over in the bed, and fall off the side. I groan, resting my hand on my face. I lay for a second, before sitting up, taking in my surroundings. I'm in Kai's room. Even though ive been here before, i still feel a rush of being in his room. I sigh before geting up and walking through the halls. I arrive at my room, and change out of my clothes, and into something fresh. My usual outfit- black dress, shoes and a lace chocker. I get ready for my mission, and head to the exit of the facility. I silently close the door behind me before heading to the Lov base. Once I arrive at the building I circle it again, and this time I notice that the door is open. I wonder if I should go in....i approach the door cautiously, and walk in quietly, checking to make sure no one sees. I sneak in, strip off my fancy black dress so that all that is left is my bodysuit, and I use the microscopic screens in my suit to match the surroundings. I burn my clothes with my lightning, so that no one sees them. I keep my special necklace, and I sigh, disappointed that I had to burn my favourite dress. I continue to walk through the halls, opening doors that lead to empty rooms. I quickly come apon the last door in the dimly lit hallway. I press my ear up against the door and listen to their conversation.

"...so at that date we'll attack Overhaul and his men. Agreed?" I hear Shigiraki's clear voice.

The rest agree with ease, but the only voice that stands out to me is Touya's. Footsteps echo, coming closer to the door, and I jump up just in for all of them to walk out. My body is splayed out on the roof, the grapples around my waist attached to the ceiling. My hand holds my hair back to stop it from dangling down, and I hold my breath. They all walk past my location and just as I think it is safe, Dabi looks up at me, his eyes burning into mine. His eyes look so cold, so evil. I stare back at him, trying to muster a face similar to his. He sighs, stands there, and then grabs me, pulling me down to the ground. I stumble as my feet hit the ground, falling into his arms, my hands wrapping around his forearms as I fall. His hands roughly grab my waist, assuring me that I won't fall, but also sending shivers down my spine. We stand like this for a minute, in complete silence staring at each other. He pushes me away roughly. I sigh, and lean against the wall, returning my suit to its natural colour: black. This is gonna be a long day.