~18~

Yoongi was pacing through the room while I sat on his bed, still shocked.

"It happened too fast", Yoongi said. "One moment he was there, talking to me and the next, they were pushing him into the car."

"You spoke to him?", I asked, surprised.

He nodded. "He... approached me. He told me he was sorry for overreacting and that he checked his accounts and found one he'd never created. He also looked at the gun and found that a bullet was actually missing, even though he'd never used it."

I felt the blood leave my face. "What?"

"Just as he'd told me this, the police came knocking and took him in for questioning."

I hadn't expected this to happen so soon. In fact, I hadn't expected our hunch to be correct at all – it had been such a spontaneous conclusion, that even I had slightly doubted Yoongi. Of course, Geumjae was a possible suspect, but the fact that his gun could actually be the murder weapon changed everything. It meant that either he truly was the killer, or it was someone close to him, someone who knew this house and knew that he owned that gun. I shivered. It could be someone that resided in this house at the very moment.

I snapped out of it when a loud knock sounded at the door. Both Yoongi and I flinched, but he went over to open it. He was almost knocked over by Taehyung who rushed into the room. The boy's face was red, his hair and shirt sweaty, as if he'd come here as fast as possible. I sat up from the bed.

"My father", Taehyung breathlessly spoke. His voice was shaky, as if he was either very upset, or very angry. Perhaps both. "He's been arrested. I came here as fast as I could."

I didn't know how to respond. Yoongi simply said: "My brother too."

Taehyung gave him a sharp look. "Guys, look... I still stand by what I said. Your dad's whole company... it's all a big scheme. It isn't a coincidence that my dad doubted them and is now arrested a week later, and I don't think your brother's arrest was a mistake either after seeing those files."

"You're suggesting all this was arranged?", I implied.

"I'm saying my dad was framed. He has nothing to do with Minah's murder, and yet, for some reason, he was taken in as a suspect! He couldn't prove he was at a company meeting the day of the murder. It's as if the documents with his name have vanished!", Taehyung blurted out. "Chances are, they're using your brother and my father as scapegoats to push the whole thing under the rug. I'm telling you, Minah's death is heavily connected to this. I can't prove it, but I just know it!"

He was visibly upset and just as furious. To my surprise, Yoongi placed a hand on Taehyung's shoulder and calmly said: "I believe you."

Taehyung and I seemed equally confused about the sudden statement. Yoongi hadn't particularly liked Taehyung, so it was unusual that he even spoke to the guy.
"Y-you do?", Taehyung asked, slightly perplexed.

Yoongi nodded, lowering his hand. "I didn't want to believe it at first, but all this really does imply that there is a connection."

"Don't you guys think that's an overreaction?", I blurted out. "I just don't see any proof in how these things are connected. I mean, the body could have just stayed lost forever and the whole thing with Geumjae would have never even occured. Your dad wouldn't have been taken in for questioning either."

Taehyung looked at me earnestly. "Do you really think it's a coincidence that as soon as my father began doubting the company, he first received threats and was then taken as a suspect for a murder, which seemingly had nothing to do with the whole thing, just because his alibi for that day was coincidentally not on record? And apparently someone had tipped the police off about it. They're widening their investigation now."