~6~

Later in the evening, I stepped out to the hallway where Yoongi was already waiting for me. His back was facing me as he looked at one of the frames hanging there. I had never noticed it before, but it was an older photograph of Mr. Min and his business partners at some fancy dinner.

I couldn't see Yoongi's face, but I could tell that his neck and shoulders seemed stiff.

"Yoongi?", I asked silently.

He shrugged. Then he turned around. Overwhelmed, he made a whistling noise through his teeth.
"Oof, who are you? I was expecting a young lady, not such a beauty like yourself."

I had to chuckle and punched his arm jokingly. "And I thought you were supposed to be a grumpy man that was stuck in a fancy suit and tie."

"Not in the mood for the soirée?" He looked at me enthusiastically and I had to laugh at his miserable French pronounciation. "Worry not, I shall be the perfect company for you, beautiful stranger. Allow me to escort you."

"Well then, please do, Mr. Bond", I joked back in the same tone and took his outstretched arm in an old-fashioned way. Together, we stepped down the stairs towards the main hall.

---

The people from the party-service had done their job well. On the lawn in the back of the house, there were many small pavillons and tables, flowers, baloons. Waitors in awful red jaquettes were hustling from table to table and were offering numerous drinks. Many flower buquets were lying around and spread the sweet smell of roses and other summer flowers. Long threads with decorative lights were hung up from tree to tree, illuminating the garden completely, same with the pool. On a small stage, some jazz band was playing. Around 40-50 guests were already there, chattering or simply sitting at the small bar or lounge area. Yoongi and I sat down at a free table, trying not to attract too much attention. Even people from the local newspaper were there.

"Oh god", I mumbled when I saw the crowded buffet. "How many people are here?"

Yoongi just laughed lightly, but stopped when he saw Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung making their way over to us.

"Oh man Yoongi. Next to you, all the guys here are at a disadvantage", Hoseok exclaimed dramatically. He himself was wearing a grey smoking, although it seemed as if it wasn't really his style.

Jungkook chuckled and Taehyung looked at me. Then, he smiled.
"How's your foot holding up?"

"It's still in-tact", I joked. He seemed to find it funny and laughed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw several guys and girls in our age staring our group down. They were  probably some of those people that used to stare at Yoongi whenever he went out and talked badly of him. Maybe now after that Jimin-incident, they had learned the turth? Or did they think he was responsible for that too?

"Can we sit with you?", Hoseok asked, probably because he wasn't sure how well Yoongi did with mutual friends, especially after that whole Jimin thing. Hoseok hadn't had the slightest idea that Jimin and Yoongi hadn't been on the best of terms at the time.

"How come you guys are all invited?", I asked. Although I knew their dads probably worked together, I still wanted to know how that was even possible.

"My dad owns a branch of graphic design studios, Taehyung's is head of the local newspaper here", Jungkook said. "So they kind of have to know Yoongi's dad."

"Since our fathers work together, we spent a lot of time together as kids", Taehyung explained and winked over at Yoongi.

"What, really?", I exclaimed and looked over to Yoongi, who was absently sipping his orange juice.