Seven

I felt the car jerk and stop. What now?" "My King the car isn't getting started. Shall I call for alternative transportation?" I heard the driver ask. "Sure, send it for the transportation we will wait here." I looked at Aurilius. He wasn't looking at me. But the driver who had left us parked on the street. He turned around and looked at me.

"You didn't reply to my question what do you wish for me to gift you, Lovette?" He asked again. "I am marrying a king who had comforts I never thought I can have to get the privilege of," I told him. 

"Something tells me Lovette you aren't impressed by that at all." No, I am not, I never thought I will be marrying anyone. Let alone a king. "I had lived a very simple under the average life. Now, seeing I am about to crown a queen, it is not a commoner like me would expect ever."

"You are not a commoner, not anymore. After tomorrow, all of them shall bow before you. As they bow in front of me." I look away. I don't want anyone to bow before me just because I am his queen. No, I don't want that. Not for anything.

 "It is getting late; your council meeting will commence soon." I walked out of the car and he was watching me curiously. "Can you assist me your highness and help me open the hood?" I wasn't expecting him to. But he did get down.

"Now you can open the hood, but what are you trying to do?" I saw the smoke coming out of the engine. "It is nothing serious, can you see if there is a toolbox in the back of the car?" I waited for him to respond. "This one?" I nodded collecting the various assortments. I felt him watching me as I checked the engine and found out the problem.

I saw a bottle of water inside and poured it down the hatch. "The spark plug had loosened and the engine got overheated," I said and found he was still looking at me with his heated gaze. What have I done now? "Please start the car," I told him. He did so without questioning me. "Alright, she is purring smoothly. You can stop now." I told him... Then I closed the hood.

He handed me his handkerchief. "You know machines." "I know cars and motorcycles. My mother was a mechanic. She left me with her motorcycle she customized and the garage she used to work into." I said accepting the handkerchief and cleaning the grease and oil stains from my face. "I saw someone who loves to do this." 

"You couldn't have your highness; you have a man for doing this for you. I had to learn by myself. Because I didn't get another mode of transportation other than Valkyrie. That is what my mother used to call her motorcycle." Why am I even explaining all this to him?

I heard the car honk and it stopped beside us. "My King, here is your transportation. I shall take that one to the mechanic." "I think it will not be necessary because it is fine now." He said and turned the engine on. "That is a miracle." The man in the driver's seat says. "No, it is hard work." The driver drove us towards a shop upon his request.

I walked inside and everyone looked at me. Yes, I look filthy and smell of oil and grease. But for me, this is what my mom always smelled like. I love this smell on me. Then their eyes landed on their King.

 "My King, how may I assist you today?" I know that look they must have been more than just acquaintances. "I need you to dress up my bride. Give her whatever her heart desire.

Freedom is what my heart desire. But none can give me that since I am now about to marry the King and be crowned their queen. They ushered me in and gave me a clean dress to wear first. Then begin to drape materials on me. Why it even matters that other than making a show out of it, the dress will not do anything more. 

"That will look nice on you your grace." I nodded politely. I want to get married in pants, is that allowed? In my thinking gear to a person who doesn't care how I look.