Fourteen

My eyes opened and I saw Aurilius sitting beside me. I looked at him. He still looked impassive. I don't know why. "It was foolish, the things you did." Still, you think I was the foolish one. I didn't reply to him. Because I realized, I would be wasting my energy into it. "So, you are not going to talk to me, are you? Fine then. I wanted you to know that I have healed you. When I didn't come to your aid, you should have trusted me that I have a way to heal you."

"I didn't expect you to come to my aid so, you haven't broken any of my expectations my king." Again, if he was angry or if he was surprised, he didn't show that. "He was baiting you into falling for his traps. He knew if you bend down and break apart, it showed how weak I was, don't you know that?" Now he sounded absurd.

"When I went there, I knew they were not going to accept me as their queen. I am not fit to be your queen, and the reasons as he stated were correct, I am a human, I am not as strong as a werewolf, and I will not bear a strong heir to you. But he had no right to insult me only because I was a human. I am proud that I am a human surviving in a world full of werewolves. I am glad that I am doing it. He questioned that, that is why I have to defend myself, and my existence that is not as insignificant as it looks."

"You only made a fool of yourself, do you think, I haven't felt the pain you did? I am your mate; I felt every single ounce of that. He doesn't care about your petty emotions, none of them do. If they had they wouldn't tried to evict a twelve-year-old out of his own home. The only home he had known." He said not meeting my eyes. "Then I realized that having emotions is a downfall Lovetta, and it will cloud your judgment."

"I wish I could turn my feelings off, I wish I do not feel anything, but I do. But you are right, no one cared for your emotions, no one did when a seven-year-old lost her mother in that tragic accident, none cared because she was not able to protect something of her own. All because she is a pathetic little human, not strong enough, not good enough, not significant enough for anyone. Not for anything,"

"I..." I smiled at him. "No need to feel bad for me, you didn't know, and I am not holding it against you. My king, but someday your powers too might not be enough to fix me. Some things cannot be fixed even if you try. You should go and tend to your guests. I won't die if you are not here with me." He looked at me wearily. 

"Today, few of the councilmen who were present at our wedding had come here, they saw you and they do not oppose. So far people who oppose are far less than those who do. So, your position is safe as my queen." I laughed. And he looked confused. "Why are you laughing now? Have I said something funny?" He asked. "My position is safe as the queen, I get it. As the queen of the kingdom, but as your queen? I can never be that. It is always a position that can be taken away, my king."

"What is the difference?" He asked me. "The day you understand that my king, you will become a King to me, you will become my king." "Again, what is the difference?" He asked. I only smiled at the response as someone came in. "My King, the elders are waiting for your presence." He stood up and leaned in placing a kiss on my forehead. "I will be back" I laughed. "No, you are not going to." He shook his head. "I promise I will come back here. Stay put you need to rest."

I watched him leave and then Jennifer entered. Ivan and Josh were trailing her as well. "Are you alright? We were scared there and Alpha Jorden he was..." Josh paused looking at me. "Why was he so paranoid and almost raided our king?" He asked thinking. "He is from my neighboring pack; we grew up together. So, he is a little protective of me." I didn't reveal the truth to them. If humans can be judgemental, why do werewolves have to be any different?

"Alright, I know it is against all the things King Aurilius had told everyone to do around you. But we have arranged for something. If you come with us." I tasted my leg, and it was not painful for me to move. My jaw didn't hurt when I talked earlier, so it is alright. "Be careful ok Jamie?" I nodded and moved out of the bed. Then Jenifer handed me something comfortable.